Tour with Oscar 12/9/04

criss

I've been trying for days to find out how to reach Oscar. My husband and I will be on the Coral December 10th to the Panama Canal. Does anyone have a telephone number or e-mail address for him? Thanks.

Here is his email

cbrown@costarricense.cr

He does a good job of checking and responding within a couple days. There was a 1 week period where no mail was going to him but that was more network related than him (I'm a techie and tried everything).

Sounds great. Sign us up, we're ready to go!

What time will you all be meeting Oscar at the dock? Also, do you know which dock your ship will arrive at? I understand there are two at Limon.

Thanks very much.

Oscar confirmed that there are two docks and that the ships will be at different ones. He will pick up the RCCL group first and then head over and get your group. They are not very far apart and he said he does this on a regular basis.

He will be picking us up at 8am so I figure it will be a short time after that. As I said earlier he will have a sign with my name on it.

Anyone on the Brilliance of the Seas scheduled to stop in Puerto Limon 12/9/04 or anyother ship in port that day I have setup a tour with Oscar. He has room for more if anyone is interested.

How did you reach Oscar? We have called the number listed for him and emailed him with no reply. Would you please email me at janred@adelphia.net. My husband and I will be in CR on Dec. 3 aboard the Coral Princess and want to tour with him.. Thanks Jan

Oscar says he will be at the peir @ 8am local time holding a sign with my name (Greg Crissman). I am still waiting on a response to the peir question.

Greg, thanks for all your work in putting this together. We're still interested and 8 am sounds good as long as the ship isn't late and/or docked miles and miles away. (I'm hoping it's the same pier.) Will continue to follow the thread for all your updates. Thanks.

Donna

I know it's a little early but with the holiday coming up I wanted to get confirmation from everyone that they still plan on particapating with the tour on Decemeber 9th in Costa Rica? We have others on a waiting list to join us.

Alebd (4) and Chees(3) if anyone changes their mind I will let you know.

Thanks

greg

Your at the top of the list. I hope to hear from everyone by this weekend and I'll let you know by Monday.

I know we are currently waitlisted for 4 people, but we're still interested in joining up if you have any cancellations.....

Thanks!

Anne/Alebd

NCL Crown 12/9

We're on the Radisson Navigator also arriving in Puerto Limon on 12/9...I didn't see this thread until after I emailed Oscar and thought "Darn he's full!". (BTW, I had no problems communicating with Oscar via email)

But...he must have more transportation available, because I requested Tour #2, which is the zipline canopy tour, and he is offering me reservations for it. So if anyone who is waiting on Tour #1 might want to join us for the canopy tour, let me know. Since we are only 2, he is charging $90, but if we have more, the price should go back down to $70. I don't know how much room he has though. If anyone is interested, I'll ask him how many more he can take in the car/van.

Description of the tour:

The Canopy tour: This is a sieve line where you switch from one three to a another: Hiking in the jungle., I include a stop on a white sand beach are a black sand beach, it is your chaise, a visit to the Bamboo trade school, banana plantation, coco beans farm, City tour, the two biggest hotels around the coast, one is a botanical garden, and the other one has a nice vie on a tall hill, the rich area, and a surprise stop; witch will take you to the highest part of the city. This is $70 per/person, no extra charge. This includes transportation and zip lining. I will make the reservation, it is better that way.

Kat

Anne/Alebd

We had a cancellation and if your group wants to go just confirm. We are doing tour 1 but he does other types of tours as noted in the previous post.

greg

I know we are currently waitlisted for 4 people, but we're still interested in joining up if you have any cancellations.....

Thanks!

Anne/Alebd

NCL Crown 12/9

Yes, we're interested! Just to clarify, I assume Tour 1 includes the Tortuguero Canals and a few other sights, 4-5 hours, $45 per person, as described in one of your early posts. If this is the one, count the four of us in!

Thanks and I'll check this thread for info about where/when the NCL Crown pax will be picked up.

Anne/Alebd

Tour one is described earlier, the only we added was a shop downtown at a grocery store to get cofee beans. They are cheaper there than at the tourist locations. Also lunch is not provided.

Oscar is picking us up @ 8am and then we will head over to the NCL peir. I'll see if Oscar can gives a landmark to meet at.

[quote name='chees']We are taking the "Crazy Monkey" zipline direct with Almonds & ___. It costs $40 per person, plus $35 per person transportation to/from the pier.

Thanks,
Tina Hees[/QUOTE]
Sorry nothing opened up yet but I am happy you did get a tour set up. Hope you have a great time :D

we are to meet on the pier at 8am local time (not sure is ship time and local time are the same) Oscar will have a sign with my name (greg crissman) on it. I am waiting on a possible landmark to meet at from Oscar.

For those on the NCL Crown, Oscar gave me the same instructions as above but it will be a little later than the 8 am time. I am waiting to hear back from Oscar on landmark/meeting place as well.

Look forward to meeting everyone!!!

[quote name='criss']
For those on the NCL Crown, Oscar gave me the same instructions as above but it will be a little later than the 8 am time. I am waiting to hear back from Oscar on landmark/meeting place as well.

Look forward to meeting everyone!!![/QUOTE]
Just heard from Oscar, he is sending an assitant over to your peir to pickup the 6 of you on the NCL Crown. He will have a sign that says Oscar Brown Tour. Please meet them @ 8am at the peir.

Reminder to everyone, the cost of the tour is $45 and that does not include lunch. Oscar does not take credit cards or travellers checks so please plan accordingly.

Kat,

Ida and I would like to join u if there is space...if you get this before boarding
tomorrow, just let me know then...

We are scheduled for the White Water Rafting trip but after reading about
the death of a passanger on this excursion on the Oceania board--I do not
want to put Ida in Harm's way.

See you tomorrow!

r/wes

Is anyone interested in doing this for the March 18th cruise on Brilliance--not sure of the date for Costa Rica. Plan to do the Canals but this would be with some added stops with Oscar...Let me know

Archived