Levi Baron bumpiing tours reviews? Anyone?

michalanajon

I've tried contacting him about his snorkel and hot bath tour, but he does not respond. I've moved on to contact other guides and see if they will do the same tour.

Check your junk/spam folder - his reply to me went there first until I marked him as safe. I am doing this tour as well - he quoted $42 - we are going to spend some time at Screw's Sulpher Springs which is $10 per person per hour on top of that.

Check your junk/spam folder - his reply to me went there first until I marked him as safe. I am doing this tour as well - he quoted $42 - we are going to spend some time at Screw's Sulpher Springs which is $10 per person per hour on top of that.

I checked the junk folder - no sign. Can you tell me what address you used? Maybe I've got a bad address.

We took the Roseau tour which included Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls. we all wore water shoes not keens and were fine.

We had Levy for our guide and most thought this was the best of the islands we visited and excursions.

PC130217.jpg

Thanks for posting the photo. I didn't know which way to go. I had planned on Levi, and

he answered all my questions by email... I was impressed. But because of the average age

on my ship (Princess) Levi was doing his less adventurous tour the day I was in Dominica

to accommodate the older people on my ship. And I wanted to go to Titou Gorge

and be a little interactive with the water fall and water.

So at the last minute I booked the Canyoning tour with Richard at Cocoa Cottagges,

I'm glad I did. We got to play in 8 waterfalls and he provided all the proper gear

so we would be comfortable.

I still think highly of Levi and his tours, but I'm glad I tried something even more interactive.

Just thought I'd mention it if anyone else was looking for small group and more water time.

RubyPrincess2010223small.jpg

RubyPrincess2010136small.jpg

I checked the junk folder - no sign. Can you tell me what address you used? Maybe I've got a bad address.

Check out this email address. Levi is excellent at communicating and usually responds within a day. He was probably the best tour guide we have ever had, he will stay right with you and help anyone that needs help swimming in water, climbing over rocks, etc.

levibaron@bumpiingtours.com

Levi was an excellent guide, and our group was so glad we booked the Roseau Valley Treasures Tour with him. He did a great job driving around the island and was very helpful to anyone who needed it.

If you are going to go to Titou Gorge, I recommend wearing some type of sandal/water shoe because the bottom is rocky.

If you are going to snorkel at Champagne, be prepared for some rough waters as you are wading out. It is a unique experience with all of the bubbles.

Thanks to Levi for making our trip to Dominica one of our favorites!

Just looking to see if anyone out there has toured with Bumpiing Tours. Were you happy? Was it an enjoyable tour? :) I hear so much about Reyno and Beno, but not too much about bumpiing tours, so looking for feedback. Thanks!

Almost two years later, folks are still asking about Levi Baron at Bumpiing Tours. Levi was our driver and he was great!!! Very friendly, helpful and gave us a great tour. I highly recommend him while in Dominica!

We did the Roseau Treasures tour on Jan.5 and had a great time! We had Gary as our guide and he made it so fun. He's a very nice, friendly, knowledgeable guy. We were with a family group from NY who were a very fun bunch, so all in all it was a great day and we joked and laughed a lot. I think we drank all the beer too!

First we went to Titou gorge. What an amazing thing to swim up that canyon. Some of the guys climbed up above the small falls and jumped in. We took some great pictures. When I get sorted I can post a couple. The water really wasn't that cold. You get used to it quick and it's refreshing.

Next we went to Trafalgar falls. By then it wasn't too busy. We walked to the falls for the view then on down the trail to sit in the hot pools. We even went through the rocks from one pool to another. We sat for awhile enjoying the hot water (not too hot. like a nice bath).

Then we went to the sulphur springs briefly to check it out, then on to Morne Bruce, through the botanical gardens for the picture perfect view.

It was a very non-rushed, pleasant day. We didn't have time to snorkel, unfortunately.I don't think the others cared to. Oh well. I guess we'll have to go back. We weren't rushing for the ship. We had enough of a time cushion not to worry. We enjoyed Dominica very much (despite the terrible roads) and would love to go back for a land vacation to snorkel Champagne, dive and do more touring.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think this would be a tour 6 year old kids would be interested in, or would they be completely bored? Also, what were the roads like? Where they hilly and stuff? I'm afraid of one of my kids getting car sick...:confused:

Do you think this would be a tour 6 year old kids would be interested in, or would they be completely bored? Also, what were the roads like? Where they hilly and stuff? I'm afraid of one of my kids getting car sick...:confused:

Roads are quite hilly and narrow - some adults in our group were having mini nervous breakdowns! :)

Your 6 year old would need to be very sure-footed on slippery, rocky terrain. Officially Bumpiing takes guests from age 2 up, but I'm SO glad I didn't bring my two year old. There's no way he could have walked on the rough terrain, and the adults were too busy hanging on themselves to carry him.

Whether he'd be bored is up to him - does he like nature/plants/animals/waterfalls? If so, could be a very interesting tour.

We had a six year old in our group. She did just fine, it was her two tennage sisters that had a more difficult time. However, they did have on flip-flops. Under no circumstances should anyone where flip-flops on this tour. Wear a sandal that is fixed to your foot, such as keens etc. My six year old daughter would have loved this tour. But the kids stay home with Grandma while mommy and daddy have fun. lol I rate this tour with Levi on the top of my list of ports. I would go as far as marking this off a "bucket List". Won't go wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

We used Bumpiing Tours last week while on the Carnival Victory. Levi was our guide. Dominica is wild and beautiful. Levi taught us a lot about the different trees and flowers growing there. He stopped and picked lemon grass and cinnamon bark for us to pass around the van.

Titou gorge is beuatiful. I had problems trying to swim with shoes on and a camera in one hand (next time I'll tether the camera) but Levi handed me his life ring and towed me up the current with no effort at all (no small feat). My kids loved the gorge. They had no problem swimming up it. The walk up to it was beautiful full of flowers that we have to buy and plant annually in NH but they grow wild in Dominica.

The falls are beautiful too. The walk up to the platform isn't bad but if you want to soak in the hot springs it is too rough in flip flops.

Snorkeling at Champaign Reef was the highlight of the day for my son, daughter and I. My wife isn't a swimmer and Levi had one of his other vans pick her up atthe botanical gardens and take her back to the ship. She appreciated it.

A great tour well worth it although with Champaign Reef it is a long day.

loved CaribbeanBound's review! This sounds like a great tour. I would also like one that includes the snorkeling. It looks as if we are scheduled to be in port from 7 - 4 and tendering is not noted on our itinerary. Would we have time to see Emerald Falls, the hot springs and snorkel at Champagne Bay? (Is that the same or similar to Champagne Reef?)

Thanks!:D

I can reiterate everything Caribbean bound has said. Bumpiing Tours (note there are two ii's) rocks. Alvin was our guide. We did the best of Roseau valley hike. Levi and Alvin met us at the dock between the Bank of Canada and the Dominica museum - exactly at the point he mentioned in his mail. We drove for about 30 - 40 minutes to start the 2 hour Middleham Falls trek. We did not swim in the pool - the hike to the pool is quite difficult but doable. We then went back to the van and drove to Titou gorge - you have to swim in 10 feet of water for about 2 mins to get to the waterfall at the end. There is a cavern in the gorge where the Pirates of the Caribbean was shot. Here is where Alvin outshone any other guide I have ever seen. I cannot swim. All participants received float vests. I had too and Alvin held my hand as I paddled beside him up the gorge. He was really reassuring!! FromTitou we went to Tralfagar Falls - that was a 15 minute hike and we bathed in the hot springs. From here is was back to Roseau and the Morne Bruce look out and a drive through the Botanical Gardens - we saw the school bus flattened by the tree during a huricane - waht a sight! Alvin dropped us in town as we wanted to go to the parrot sanctuary - unfortunately it was closed as the parrot were mating and not to be disturbed. We then walked about town, visiting the church with a funeral ongoing. The rest of the tour particpants spent about 45 minuts at champagne reef. They had good reviews of it. The tour cost $60 and took 7 hours. Carnivals 4 hour Middleham fallls trek cost $49.95, so we got to see a whole lot more for $10 extra.

Dont hesitate or waste time considering bumpiing - just do it! You will not have any regrets!!!

Has anyone rented snorkel equipment through Levi for Champagne reef ??..does it have to be pre arranged ??...

Thanks

We did and it did not have to be prearranged. Our guide had a couple sets in the back of the van and my dh got to use one for free. There is a shop right at champagne reef that rents the snorkel equipment and that is where I got mine from.

Haysiedaze -

How old are your kids? I keep going back & forth about whether my DS7 would enjoy this tour...

Thanks.

Sorry just saw this. My kids were 11 and 10. While they enjoyed Champaign Reef much more than the rest of the tour (it is a lot of riding) they had no problems at the falls or gorge and enjoyed both.

We used Bumpiing Tours last week while on the Carnival Victory. Levi was our guide. Dominica is wild and beautiful. Levi taught us a lot about the different trees and flowers growing there. He stopped and picked lemon grass and cinnamon bark for us to pass around the van.

Titou gorge is beuatiful. I had problems trying to swim with shoes on and a camera in one hand (next time I'll tether the camera) but Levi handed me his life ring and towed me up the current with no effort at all (no small feat). My kids loved the gorge. They had no problem swimming up it. The walk up to it was beautiful full of flowers that we have to buy and plant annually in NH but they grow wild in Dominica.

The falls are beautiful too. The walk up to the platform isn't bad but if you want to soak in the hot springs it is too rough in flip flops.

Snorkeling at Champaign Reef was the highlight of the day for my son, daughter and I. My wife isn't a swimmer and Levi had one of his other vans pick her up atthe botanical gardens and take her back to the ship. She appreciated it.

A great tour well worth it although with Champaign Reef it is a long day.

I'm surprised coming off the Victory that you had time for Champagne Reef. Since it doesn't get into port until 10:00 we hung back and took it slow, which was great, but my personal adice to anyone on the Victory (or other ship coming in late or with a short day), is that if you really, really want to snorkel Champagne Reef, don't take a combo tour. Just go to the reef. Lots of these tours just don't have time to get to there as well and you may be disappointed.

I'm surprised coming off the Victory that you had time for Champagne Reef. Since it doesn't get into port until 10:00 we hung back and took it slow, which was great, but my personal adice to anyone on the Victory (or other ship coming in late or with a short day), is that if you really, really want to snorkel Champagne Reef, don't take a combo tour. Just go to the reef. Lots of these tours just don't have time to get to there as well and you may be disappointed.

I disagree. Seeing the beauty of the island is well worth the tour. By just going to Champagne, you miss much of the splendor of the island. We did the tour and still had an hour to snorkel at Champagne. Levi went snorkeling with us and would even dive down to show us different things.

We just got back this morning at 3 a.m. from the Victory cruise. I would highly recommend Levi to anyone. He was the best tour guide that we had (and we did tours in every island except for Barbados). He is very energetic. He actually dove into the gorge. No one has a video because we were not expecting it! Levi is great!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked with Levi on April 23rd. I bought Keen sandals for all three of us and have a water camera as well. Other than sunscreen, towels and water to drink...anything else I should make sure I bring? Looking for advice from those of you that have been on a tour with Levi before.

Thanks!

Archived