Suggestions for Balcony Cabin on Jewel of Seas

Misnco

Hi All,

Can someone suggest a Balcony Cabin on Jewel of the Seas. Next week we are booking our Panama Canal Cruise for January 09 (Woo Ho!) and I want to be prepared when we meet with the TA to have a few cabin choices in mind.

Thanks Carol

For the Panama my personal recommendation would be ANY of the aft cabins. We had 9260 center and it was fantastic. We were able to have breakfast and watch the lock door close behind us. The deck was about 10 x 14. Click on the link in my signature for Brilliance to see pictures.

You know, it really won't matter which balcony you have--it's not the best place to get the full flavor of the Canal. You have to leave your room and roam about the ship, viewing the canal and locks from different levels and sides of the ship. If you stay on your balcony, you will miss too much! Definitely, the aft balconies are much deeper than any on the sides. However, unless that's really important, the balcony cabins near the "hump" or middle of the ship are much more convenient and easier to get to! No looooong walks back and forth to the cabin! The side balconies are amply big for 2!

We had D1 9576 hump on our Brilliance Panama cruise. As above, you don't spend much time in your balcony during the cruise thru the locks. 9576 had a larger hump balcony and very convenient location, with very little noise.

On Jewel we had JS 1542 on deck ten. All the JS's on deck 10 are very nice.

Rick and Deirdra

We had D1 9576 hump on our Brilliance Panama cruise. As above, you don't spend much time in your balcony during the cruise thru the locks. 9576 had a larger hump balcony and very convenient location, with very little noise.

On Jewel we had JS 1542 on deck ten. All the JS's on deck 10 are very nice.

Rick and Deirdra

Hey Pumbaamd - we have 9576 on the Jewel on 2/9! I know you said it had very little noise - that is GREAT. Anything else you can tell me? THANKS

Hey Pumbaamd - we have 9576 on the Jewel on 2/9! I know you said it had very little noise - that is GREAT. Anything else you can tell me? THANKS

I will be on the Jewel in cabin 9576 March 22. Please take good care of it for me. Thanks.

Any aft cabin as you can see both sides of the canal. Corner aft is good as you can see at least partly toward the front of the ship.

We've been in JS 1100 and it is as close to the perfect cabin as you can get for 2 people.

Since it takes 8 hours to transit the canal, a balcony is a must. Instead of being stuck inside for breakfast and lunch, you can enjoy them on your large balcony and still see everything. You should also wander around the ship as the other poster said. But the balcony is a haven away from the crowds and the sun.

Another problem is that people start getting their spot at the rail very early. 2800+ passengers can take up a lot of rail.

We've been through the Canal 3 times and had a balcony for 2 of those. Trust me, you want an aft balcony if at all possible.

You know, it really won't matter which balcony you have--it's not the best place to get the full flavor of the Canal. You have to leave your room and roam about the ship, viewing the canal and locks from different levels and sides of the ship. If you stay on your balcony, you will miss too much! Definitely, the aft balconies are much deeper than any on the sides. However, unless that's really important, the balcony cabins near the "hump" or middle of the ship are much more convenient and easier to get to! No looooong walks back and forth to the cabin! The side balconies are amply big for 2!

I would agree with cbatsea, we had a hump cabin and friends had an aft cabin and I don't think either of us spent more than 30 minutes on our balconies. You have to roam around the ship and get the vantage points from everywhere. Especially if you are doing the full transit.:cool:

We really enjoyed 9576. This part of the hump is kinda tucked away in it's own little area, but yet very convenient to stairs and elevators. The nearest public room to it is the library. So you know it's quiet.

9576 juts out and is angled a bit to kind of make you look forward. You can sea on to the balconies forward of you, and, they can sea alotta your balcony. We had no problem with that. Also, you can't sea aft. The balcony to your right cuts off the view. Again, we had no problem with that.

This is a very nice cabin, and is probably just a bit better on Jewel, her being 2 years younger than Brill.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Hi All,

Can someone suggest a Balcony Cabin on Jewel of the Seas. Next week we are booking our Panama Canal Cruise for January 09 (Woo Ho!) and I want to be prepared when we meet with the TA to have a few cabin choices in mind.

Thanks Carol

We were very pleased with D1 cabin 1558 on the Jewel. Close to everything and very private. The advantage to the balcony is a solid wall on one side which is part of the Royal Suite.

There is an interesting thing about balconies on the Radiance Class ships (this includes the Jewel). Everyone fights to get hump cabins and the aft cabins (we do like these). But, if you look forward on deck 7 you will see that a large group of cat. E1 cabins just adjacent and forward of the forward elevators look large. Well, the truth is that they are very large, and they even have a lounger as well as regular chair. These balconies are similar to the Caribe deck balconies on Princess Grand Class ships where half the balcony is covered and than another half extends out and is open. These balconies are larger than most of the hump balconies and also happen to be the cheapest balcony category. As to the canal, we like to be on the upper decks where we can see in all directions.

Hank

We had 8588 on the Jewel (forward hump) this past Sept for 2 weeks. The location was the best we have ever had and the balcony was very nice. We initially thought that we would hear noise from the centrum but it was not an issue at all.

We really enjoyed 9576. This part of the hump is kinda tucked away in it's own little area, but yet very convenient to stairs and elevators. The nearest public room to it is the library. So you know it's quiet.

9576 juts out and is angled a bit to kind of make you look forward. You can sea on to the balconies forward of you, and, they can sea alotta your balcony. We had no problem with that. Also, you can't sea aft. The balcony to your right cuts off the view. Again, we had no problem with that.

This is a very nice cabin, and is probably just a bit better on Jewel, her being 2 years younger than Brill.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Great, thanks! Our friends will be in the cabin to the right so the balcony thing will not be a problem - we can just use their balcony too! hahaha

We are very excited and we will take care of 9576 for you Sleepless!

Archived