Past Monarch cruisers...please help!

rclcruzer

Posted question earlier this morning, but am wording this new thread differently hoping to get more responses. I just need to know if the stateroom have wireless internet? We need to speak with our son on Sunday (we leave tomorrow) and my hubby has this program called SKYPE that allows one to talk through the computer like a phone. Anyone know the answer to this??

Thanks so much.....

Posted question earlier this morning, but am wording this new thread differently hoping to get more responses. I just need to know if the stateroom have wireless internet? We need to speak with our son on Sunday (we leave tomorrow) and my hubby has this program called SKYPE that allows one to talk through the computer like a phone. Anyone know the answer to this??

Thanks so much.....

The staterooms on the Monarch do not have wireless. When we went on the Vision a few weeks ago and had to keep in contact with our son is I had our cell service changed to International Roaming for the month of Jan. It was only 4.99 for a month and it lowered the cost per minute tremendously. Maybe that would be something you could look into. Unfortunatly, my son got sick and I had to make a doctors appt for him and I had service to do this and it didn't cost me a bundle.

Sorry I can't help you with the internet. We used the computers onboard and they worked great!

We just got off Majesty 1/18/08, I had wireless service in cabin 2020. I was really suprised.:D They just did some upgrades to it, so that might be why. You need to check at guest relations, when you get on board. There might be wireless in the computer area, there is on Adventure. I used it last September. As far as cell phones, we have used them a few times. You will pay a per minute charge for the use, through Cellular AT Sea. That is the company that is contracted by RCCL. I would have to check my bill to see what they charged. But it is in addition to your service provider. Have a great cruise.:cool:

I just called RCCL Crown & Anchor. They informed me that Monarch has 6 locations on the ship for wireless internet, with your own laptop. So it sounds like, you are good to go!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

thanks so much for your help!

Archived