waitlisted for dining option ?

cruisechickee

this has 1 or 2 answers--- princess has their wires crossed and you do have a confirmed 6:00 pm dining room table or the 6:00 pm seating is filled up and princess is waiting for a cancellation to fit you in... i would call my ta or princess to find out what"s up .. good luck:)

Normally, waitlist means that that dinner seating is currently full. You are on the list to get a table at that seating, if enough people cancel to free up space for you. As people cancel, they work their way down the list accommodating people as they can.

Princess has two lines on their Personalizer for dining; one says 'Dining Requested' and the other says 'Dining Status'. The former has three possible entries; Early time, Late time or Anytime. The latter has two options, Waitlist or Confirmed. Sapphire, the OP's ship, has early dining at 6 pm. So OP requested early traditional (6 pm) dining, and their status is waitlisted. It is not a crossed wire or mess-up, OP just did not read the line carefully.

Princess has two lines on their Personalizer for dining; one says 'Dining Requested' and the other says 'Dining Status'. The former has three possible entries; Early time, Late time or Anytime. The latter has two options, Waitlist or Confirmed. Sapphire, the OP's ship, has early dining at 6 pm. So OP requested early traditional (6 pm) dining, and their status is waitlisted. It is not a crossed wire or mess-up, OP just did not read the line carefully.

Can you please elaborate? Firstly what is OP... I requested Traditional 6 months ago - with 6pm seating, thru TA. When do people know if they have traditional dining and do some people know straight away, or when they actually make full payment. Or is it first in best dressed?

This is my first cruise as you can probably tell. Unfortunately TA is not helpful.:(

Can you please elaborate? Firstly what is OP... I requested Traditional 6 months ago - with 6pm seating, thru TA. When do people know if they have traditional dining and do some people know straight away, or when they actually make full payment. Or is it first in best dressed?

This is my first cruise as you can probably tell. Unfortunately TA is not helpful.:(

me again!...OP means original poster.

You usually pick what type of dining situation you want, when you book., if you booked traditional 6 mths ago..you should get it....or again on your cruise personalizer in "your preferences"..you can change it to anytime....why be on a waitlist, and not know when you are dining.?

anytime dining is easier...especially if you are doing excursions, sometimes you won't get back till 6 and you are supposed to be at dinner, "dressed to the nines",...it's no fun rushing, you are on holidays.

AND you are stuck with the same group, night after night..too bad if you don't fit in, or feel comfy with them....

me again!...OP means original poster.

You usually pick what type of dining situation you want, when you book., if you booked traditional 6 mths ago..you should get it....or again on your cruise personalizer in "your preferences"..you can change it to anytime....why be on a waitlist, and not know when you are dining.?

anytime dining is easier...especially if you are doing excursions, sometimes you won't get back till 6 and you are supposed to be at dinner, "dressed to the nines",...it's no fun rushing, you are on holidays.

AND you are stuck with the same group, night after night..too bad if you don't fit in, or feel comfy with them....

Thanks for clearing that up jannandjohn, it makes a lot of sense now.:)

Archived