Which Princess Ship is the BEST?

MiBoater

We've sailed on the Grand back in April, we are now looking for another ship to sail on, in the Caribbean. We have 4 adults, 6 kids between 12-16. I honestly gave RC's Independence of the Seas a serious look, but I like Princess.

The Grand was a nice ship, but the layout is different. They don't have a huge Promenade loaded with shops and bars.

Any Suggestions?

Anymore, you have the Grand Class (which are all similar to the Grand Princess) or the even larger modified Grand Class with the extra deck of staterooms and a few different dining venues. They are all pretty simliar and have close to the same layout. It is almost like if you sailed one, just pick the one with the itineary you like and go with it.

Of coarse, the Emerald and Ruby have a few more additions (which the Caribbean Princess was supposed to get this spring but has had it cancelled for now).

But with them all be so alike now, it really doesn't let one stick out as better than the next like it used to.

We've sailed on the Grand back in April, we are now looking for another ship to sail on, in the Caribbean. We have 4 adults, 6 kids between 12-16. I honestly gave RC's Independence of the Seas a serious look, but I like Princess.

The Grand was a nice ship, but the layout is different. They don't have a huge Promenade loaded with shops and bars.

Any Suggestions?

With 6 kids I would go for the Emerald or the Ruby, size of the ship, age of the ship, kids club activites etc. They both do the Caribbean Ruby is 7 day Emerald is 10 day.

One of the easiest questions to answer........ the one I'm on next!
Exactly. The "Best" is very subjective. To me, the best would be the smallest ship I could find going to the most exotic places with the most sea days. Not everyone's idea of the "best."

With children, I would suggest Royal Caribbean. No one can match their kid's programs and activities.

That's what I'm beginning to think...

When I mentioned best, I should have said "most suitable for children and which line offered the most for families". We've sailed both RCCL and Princess, but all of Princess' large ships appear to be exactly the same.

• 1 year later...

It very much depends on your personal preference but in the Princess fleet my favourites are Dawn, Sun and Sea Princess as these liners are still giants but they aren't too BIG. In my opinion the personal service and atmosphere lacks on the larger vessels and you don't meet as many people.

Exactly. The "Best" is very subjective. To me, the best would be the smallest ship I could find going to the most exotic places with the most sea days. Not everyone's idea of the "best."

EXACTLY!!!now were talking:D

MIboater....

To give a parent's perspective as just off RCCL..Explorer and a good friend who did the Independence (both the week before Christmas).. We have done both the grand class(Carobbean Princess) and RCCL. Both are great ships but.... depending on the ages of your kids and their responsibility levels.Princess offered the MUTS which makes for a nice family evening. hard to find things to do except the pool as a family late at night. I have a 14 soon to 15 son and a 9 soon to be 10 son. The kids are die hard RCCL fans but like the fact that Princess has freshwater pools,pizza on deck (Trident Grill) which Rccl has on smaller ships but not on the Explorer or freedom class. Also, saw more "deck patrol" on Princess than on RCCL Go smaller on RCCL..Vision or Radience class because alot of perks were not open (inline skating,ice show cancelled due to rough water,rock wall closed,flow rider closed etc) on the bigger ships when the kids wanted to use them. Also. some evenings the only option for teens on both ships was arcade time(due to not enough kids in teen program) and that was not a good thing

Anne

Archived