New Check In Requirements??

I think it is safe to say I fall into this category as well.

Looks like we are sailing a couple weeks apart in December.

Ok, so did folks get the email direct from RCCL or did news come from their TA? My TA and I spoke several times today as he is also one of my clients...but he has not mentioned the new boarding time requirements. I also have not seen a RCCL email on the matter.

I don't know if I should be worried or not. I finished my online stuff, BUT I didn't hear anything from RCCL. I'm coming into the final lap and I don't want any surprises when I get to the pier!

Sailaway was 5pm and boarding time was written for 2pm :confused: That gives RCCL 1.5hrs to get 3000+ people checked in and on board?? Yikes! I think they are going to have a problem with this if their airfares are not in check or if they don't push back sailaway times some.

Sailing time is almost always quoted as beginning at 2 pm but that hasn't stopped them from beginning to check people in before noon and this change shouldn't make any difference. Besides, the more people who do their check in on line and print out and bring their Set Sail pass, the quicker check in can be accomplished. I don't see any real problem arising unless there are significant delays with their air passengers and that can and has occurred many times in the past so it is really nothing new.

I got this email today too and I don't sail until 11/08! It freaked me out but now I know others got it, all is well...:rolleyes:...I ALWAYS fly in the day before, am not a risk taker and always head to the pier by 11:30am or so. I get too excited to wait and would never wait until the ship is about to leave, are you kidding me??!! :eek:

Sailing time is almost always quoted as beginning at 2 pm but that hasn't stopped them from beginning to check people in before noon and this change shouldn't make any difference. Besides, the more people who do their check in on line and print out and bring their Set Sail pass, the quicker check in can be accomplished. I don't see any real problem arising unless there are significant delays with their air passengers and that can and has occurred many times in the past so it is really nothing new.

Most people do not know you can board around noon. First time cruisers especially. Most people come when RCCL states them to come and that is 2pm for 5pm sail away times. This is allowing RCCL only 1.5hrs to get a lot of people on board. My point of the post is that now many people will start coming earlier. It was nice to have a quiet boat for those first few hours - not many people aboard from 11am to 2pm.

Ok, so did folks get the email direct from RCCL or did news come from their TA? My TA and I spoke several times today as he is also one of my clients...but he has not mentioned the new boarding time requirements. I also have not seen a RCCL email on the matter.

I am booked with a TA, but the email came directly to me from RCCL. Do you have your email address in your reservation for notification purposes? You can check this by going into your reservation for My Cruises. Then in the area under Guests, check the view button next to your name.

Archived