New Check In Requirements??

Just got this email from RCI

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit

final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing,

guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days

prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days

prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at

least two hours prior to the published sailing time.

Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no

later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will

not be permitted to sail.

Just got this email from RCI

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit

final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing,

guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days

prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days

prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at

least two hours prior to the published sailing time.

Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no

later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will

not be permitted to sail.

It will be interesting to see if the cruise line changes the cruise + flight package offerings to customers. There's no way I'd want to fly in on the same day as my cruise with these new guidelines. I'd also make it a point to get to the pier extremely early -- regardless of when the cruiselines tell you that you can actually board.

I just got the e-mail too. Are they sending it to everybody booked with in a certain time frame?

Got it from the TA office a week or two ago when they got it from RCCL.

mclaire, yes, your set.

Carnival sent one yesterday to upgrade their check in.

I received it for my cruise at the end of May. Of course, I've already done the online check in - I did it shortly after I booked!:D And I fly in a day in advance and plan on being at the pier around 10:30am.:p

You should still be able to do the on-line check-in if cruising in 21 days. I got the same e-mail from my TA yesterday. I'm using RC Air, so surely they will book us a flight that adheres to their regulations-here's hoping, anyway!!

It will be interesting to see if the cruise line changes the cruise + flight package offerings to customers. There's no way I'd want to fly in on the same day as my cruise with these new guidelines. I'd also make it a point to get to the pier extremely early -- regardless of when the cruiselines tell you that you can actually board.

RCI is NOT allowing enough time to make connections. This has been a problem for a long time and is really bad now.

do online check in if I am traveling in 21 days???

Jill

Absolutely!! You can do it up until 3 days before you sail. But the earlier you do it the better, sometimes RCCL's website has problems and you don't want to get to the point where you only have a day or two left to check in and then have RCCL's website go haywire on you.

We also got the email. I've already done ours for September and will complete it after final payment to print the sail pass.

Please do not plan to fly in on embarkation day......fly in the day/night before. I don't see how RC can do day of flights unless they are red eyes!!! :eek: They can't risk connections or flight delays! It should be interesting to see how they handle it.

Is there ever anyone boarding the ship 90 minutes prior to sailing? I am always entirely too excited to wait one minute pass the time they start letting people onboard.

In the past there were frequently people boarding the ship just before they drew the gangway in and cast of the lines. I suppose there will still be some delays as they wait for passengers who were delayed in transit and were traveling on air booked through RCI, but the new policy may reduce those delays by requiring everyone else to check in by 90 minutes prior to sailaway. For that we should all be grateful. Do the online check-in and arrive more than 90 minutes before the sailing time, and boarding should be a breeze.:)

People will still be able to fly in the day of the cruise when necessary.There has always been a certain amount of risk assoociated with doing so and this new policy doesn't really changes things that much. It just moves up by a bit the deadline for checking in :).

I have 148 days til my next cruise.... and my online check-in is complete.

I am flying down to MIA the day of... but I have a direct flight from CLT at 8AM and there are 4 more flights (as backups) that will still get me there (still) 2 hrs prior. So, I am really not worried about going the day of.

I guess that it's a good thing that we're rolling around 7 am Sunday. That should put us in line by noon.;)

We'll be right along with you. I think we're leaving around 7 as well. Here's to a smooth trip down Galveston way.:D

We ALWAYS fly in a day early. We do not trust the airlines to get us to our sestinations on time. We are generally 1 of the first 100 on the ship and we do our documentation aprox. 30 days b4 we sail. This gives us plenty of space in any particular area. BTW, we have not received anything from RCL in regards to the previous posters.

I am personally very upset about this. All this means is that more people will be on MY ship earlier then I want them to be! :D More people might start come early and the cruise critic secret will be let out of the bag. :(

Are they still going to allow the on board time to "technically" be 3hrs before sail? At least that how it was on my last ship. Sailaway was 5pm and boarding time was written for 2pm :confused: That gives RCCL 1.5hrs to get 3000+ people checked in and on board?? Yikes! I think they are going to have a problem with this if their airfares are not in check or if they don't push back sailaway times some.

Is there ever anyone boarding the ship 90 minutes prior to sailing? I am always entirely too excited to wait one minute pass the time they start letting people onboard.

I think it is safe to say I fall into this category as well.

Looks like we are sailing a couple weeks apart in December.

Ok, so did folks get the email direct from RCCL or did news come from their TA? My TA and I spoke several times today as he is also one of my clients...but he has not mentioned the new boarding time requirements. I also have not seen a RCCL email on the matter.

I think it is safe to say I fall into this category as well.

Looks like we are sailing a couple weeks apart in December.

Ok, so did folks get the email direct from RCCL or did news come from their TA? My TA and I spoke several times today as he is also one of my clients...but he has not mentioned the new boarding time requirements. I also have not seen a RCCL email on the matter.

I got mine directly from RCCL. But, I booked directly. No TA:)

Archived