Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

Okay here is the link for anyone interested in the capers for the Imagination 3 port Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau Itinerary.

http://sssportsphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/4498302_ELfgz#264789631

Steve and Steph ! Many thanks for the most recent Capers. Im sure this will be helpful for many (including myself) to get an idea of what to expect thanks again Mikil

Hi imaginationers,

i am going for my first Carnival cruise in June on the Imagination. I was just told there is no Supper Club on this ship. Is that true?? I am looking forward to some YUMMY food!!! Thanks

Hey guys! After doing numerous reading I was told by many there is NOT a supper club on Fantasy class ships.There is one on ships like Triump (The bigger ships of course) Unfortunately Imagination is one of the fantasy class ships and no supper club!Hope this helps, Sorry!

Hey guys! After doing numerous reading I was told by many there is NOT a supper club on Fantasy class ships.There is one on ships like Triump (The bigger ships of course) Unfortunately Imagination is one of the fantasy class ships and no supper club!Hope this helps, Sorry!

No Supper Club, but plenty of dining options at all hours of the day / night - especially with the additions of the Deli, Mongolian Grill, and Rotisserie.

I am a bigger fan of smaller (2000 passengers or less) ships than the new 3000+ passenger ships that are out there. I think with the refurbs Carnival is undertaking with the Fantasy class ships, besides extending their lives, they become an excellent alternative to the larger ships without sacrificing amenities.

Ed

Hi imaginationers,

i am going for my first Carnival cruise in June on the Imagination. I was just told there is no Supper Club on this ship. Is that true?? I am looking forward to some YUMMY food!!! Thanks

There is no supper club but you won't miss it! There is food round every corner.:)

We will be driving down for our upcoming cruise on the Imagination. Can anyone tell me of tips for inexpensive parking near the port? What about if we plan on coming in the night before - is there a nearby hotel to stay at, where we could also leave our car?

Finally - is there a spot where I can review capers from past Grand Turk, Nasau cruises?

Thanks in advance - can't wait to escape the cold!

Wondering if anyone had suggestions for parking / where to stay close to the port in Miami? :confused: We're going on the Imagination in a little over a week and could use some tips. Thanks in advance - can't wait!

I would love to know the same things. We leave April 17 and I can't decide where to stay and/or park. I looked into flying (which would cost about the same as gas) but with having to figure out transfers and all that, it just seems easier to drive our own car. I have no clue where to stay the night before though!

Has anyone done the 4-nighter? I have read this thread and the majority have done the 5 night cruise.

I would love to know the same things. We leave April 17 and I can't decide where to stay and/or park. I looked into flying (which would cost about the same as gas) but with having to figure out transfers and all that, it just seems easier to drive our own car. I have no clue where to stay the night before though!

Has anyone done the 4-nighter? I have read this thread and the majority have done the 5 night cruise.

We are on the 10/10 sailing but when I have sailed out of Miami prior, we have stayed the night before at Holiday Inn Express Port of Miami ( pay for parking), Homewood Suites Airport, and the La Quinta. All are great for the night before.

Does anyone know if they have one on the five day cruise? If so, which night?

Yep, the 5 day Imagination cruises have past guest parties, so you can get your Imagination pins. The 4 day do not have past guest parties. We just did a B2B2B (all 3 routes) in Feb, and gave one set of the pins to some folks from the role call on the 4 day one. :D

We are on the 10/10 sailing but when I have sailed out of Miami prior, we have stayed the night before at Holiday Inn Express Port of Miami ( pay for parking), Homewood Suites Airport, and the La Quinta. All are great for the night before.

Do any of these, or other area hotels, allow you to park at the hotel while you're on the cruise? That would save us a lot of hassle and (hopefully) money. Ideally, I would like to find a hotel close enough to the port, where we could leave our car, and have a shuttle to the port. Thanks for any suggestions!

I ready somewhere that there was a sand castle contest at HMC. Did they supply pails and shovels? What other tools where provided? Maybe we can practice this summer and be a shoo-in for our ship on a stick!:D

We were just at HMC, I didn't see them passing out buckets/shovels, so bring your own supplies. The castle that won was right in front of our cabana area (not built by us), and they used a bucket, gathered stones, grasses, etc., from the area to decorate it, and it was large. They got the medals on a rope for the prize. You will love that beach, the best one I have ever been on! Have fun!

P.S. - If you are traveling with kids, they had a family scavenger hunt one day, and that prize was a ship on a stick...we came in second....oh well - it was fun!

We were just at HMC, I didn't see them passing out buckets/shovels, so bring your own supplies. The castle that won was right in front of our cabana area (not built by us), and they used a bucket, gathered stones, grasses, etc., from the area to decorate it, and it was large. They got the medals on a rope for the prize. You will love that beach, the best one I have ever been on! Have fun!

P.S. - If you are traveling with kids, they had a family scavenger hunt one day, and that prize was a ship on a stick...we came in second....oh well - it was fun!

Lets see - snorkel equipment, blow dryer, pail and shovel....the agents at the airport are sure going to have a heyday with my carryon!

Perhaps there might be an earlier flight from FLL that they could move you to instead. Or you could take advantage of that service where you can check your bags from the ship directly to the airline you are traveling with and go out and explore MIA (the city not the airport) for a few hours and take the 4PM flight (can't remember the name of this service, but it was mentioned in some other posts).

Yeh, that's what I figured. We never cut it that close, but I was just hoping to make it out. They can't get me to another flight until 4:00 pm. Didn't want to hang around in MIA that long.

Thanks for the help.

Was the scavenger hunt on Half Moon Cay or the ship? Sounds like fun!

The scavenger hunt was on the ship - the time is listed in the Camp Carnival schedule, you met outside Camp and got the list of things to do, and were given like 20 minutes to complete and get back to Camp. It was a lot of fun....wear your running shoes!

Lets see - snorkel equipment, blow dryer, pail and shovel....the agents at the airport are sure going to have a heyday with my carryon!

Yeah- we had a ton of stuff too...but used most everything we brought. They were selling snorkels for $5 at shore excursion desk, and if you are getting a cabana at HMC they provide snorkel equipment - mask, snorkel, and fins, although I would buy the $5 snorkel, as the one provided looked questionable...that may help with the luggage some. I didn't bring pail/shovel, kept thinking I would just buy one somewhere, but never did. The kids were too fascinated with the swimming, feeding fish, etc., at HMC to worry about it, and at Grand Turk we just built with our hands. We ended up buying another suitcase on the return trip for all our souveniers though - and had NO curbside check in at 5 a.m. the next day UGH! Wish I was going again though......enjoy that soft sand!!

I believe we docked at 8:30-had to wait for clearance from customs.I think were were off by 9:30 at the latest.If you are in a rush-do your own self disembarkation.Make sure you have your passport and sail and sign cards available. There are plenty of taxis and shuttles to take you to the airpoirt

Newly signed up lurker here - DH and I have cruised many times before, but this is our first foray into Carnival ships.....

Can anyone steer me in the right direction for info about Camp Carnival? Particularly in how they work with special needs kids? I've done a lot of research outside of the CC boards and found Carnival seems to be the most accommodating, which is why we chose them. This will be our 7yoDS first cruise - I think he'll LOVE it!

Also, we're leaving soon (April 7th!) so I'm looking forward to meeting any of you who might be on our sailing.

Best....Tamara

Check out the family boards, hopefully the search will come back to us- there is a ton of stuff out there on Camp and special needs. My DD was in the 6-8 group when we traveled a few weeks ago, and she absolutely loved it. They have a lot of fun things planned. They do have a lot of computer games, game boys, play stations etc., plus crafts, games, candy making, etc. The counselors seemed to be really in tune to the kids. You can find a copy of the Camp Carnival pages on the family board too. Good luck, and welcome!

Archived