Beer?

curlymom

We're traveling on the Radiance of the Seas on 2/16, and I'm asking this question on behalf of someone else in my party.

Does anyone know if the ship offers a beer package, similar to the wine packages?

I didn't see anything on the website, but I thought some of you experienced cruisers might know.

Thanks!

Make sure you or they try their signature Royal beer. Its god stuff and ran out pretty quick on our last 6 day cruise.

Is this a draft beer or bottle....is it available at all bars or certain ones....and the hubby asked how much is it???

Thanks

They offer buckets of beer. You get (I think) 6 beers in a bucket of ice at a slightly reducd price.

I had heard they discontinued that discount. Anyone know. Also can you have the bucket delivered to your stateroom?

I had heard they discontinued that discount. Anyone know. Also can you have the bucket delivered to your stateroom?

I am also wondering this. Also can you have your cabin fridge stocked with beer? If so is the cost the same as at the bar or is it higher?

Jimmers & Mikesstuff: You are still able to purchase nearly any beer you wish in a bucket, just no more 6 for 5 pricing. IF you are able to make 'friends', then you 'may' be able to get a 'slight' discount off the pricing, but probably not one free........;) Sorry, never tried to have one delivered......

The only way to stock your fridge is if you pay the going rate and 'stock' it yourself. Personally, wouldn't use the their fridge for this purpose as it is NOT near cold enough for me. Simply ask your cabin steward to keep it iced!!! We kept at least 1 bucket in our cabin for the duration!!! ;) Wrap a towel around the bucket and you are good to go......

Judi: The 'signature' beer is generally available in bottle form. Do not recall the 'pricing', but it was something like $4.50 per bottle (an import price as I recall).

Bruce

We just returned a week ago from Serenade. You can get buckets of any brand, no dicounts. At the pool we made friends with a great waiter who gave us 7 beers for 6. If you can do this, then just load a bucket for your room , when you leave the pool. In the theatre we got lucky, as the same waiter was working in there and got 6 for 5.

Had a friend just come back from a cruise on the Triumph and said every Corona he ordered was put in a glass and wasn't able to get it in a bottle. I had to tease him about picking Carnival over RCCL.

Then I started wondering, is this something thats going on industry wide?

We are sailing on the Radiance (2/10) for a bday/anniversary cruise. Any recent RCCL cruisers know if you can still get bottles?

srenter: Even when we were on the Triumph in '03, you could not get bottled beer 'in the bottle' IF you were around the pool areas (MAJOR safety issue).

Same has always held true on RCI. IF you are at the pool bar or on the pool decks, you will not likely be able to have a bottle of beer. We always purchase our 'bucket' and take it back to our cabin w/out any problem. Simply talk/get to know the bartenders......;)

Bruce

We had bottles of Corona on the Enchantment last week. No problem.

There are no glass bottles allowed around the pool/hot tubs. Maybe that's why it was served differently.

?????

I definitely saw glass bottles in ship-issued ice buckets at the whirlpools and main pool. Just came back from the Vision of the Seas Jan 20th.

Archived