M Class Ships--Are There any Real Differences?

Coco Creek

I enjoyed a Millennium cruise to E Carribbean in December and am getting ready for a Northbound Alaska cruise on the Millennium in June. Today, I booked a S. Carribbean out of San Juan, Puerto Rico on the Summit for next New Year's.

Are there any real differences in M Class ships? I know the deck plans look alike. I know each Special restaurant has it own design and history. Are there any other differences in decor, color schemes, decorating, etc?

Or, are the M-Class ships more or less xerox copies of each other?

Thanks.

The basic layout of the M-class ships are the same, meaning your'll find the spa, specialty restaurant, dining rooms, Celebrity theater, etc. located in the same places on the ship. I've only sailed Millenniumand Summit and there are decor differences but you they definitely have the feel of sister ships.

Everyone seems to enjoy Constellation most (at least it seems that way to me) however. I haven't sailed her yet but will next month but I'll let you know.

I'm sure you'll hear from others that can give more a better comparison of all four M-class ships (I haven't been on Infinity).

ENJOY!

I was really looking forward to noticing the differences, too, but honestly, do you really remember which ship had the purple carpet and which ship had the weirdest artwork? Once we're on board we just sort of assimilate to whatever is there, and we're happy. We are sailing the Connie for the first time in April and I've heard that it is more different than the others, so looking forward to seeing if we can tell the difference! Want to see the bar with all the strange white stuff...

I was really looking forward to noticing the differences, too, but honestly, do you really remember which ship had the purple carpet and which ship had the weirdest artwork? Once we're on board we just sort of assimilate to whatever is there, and we're happy. We are sailing the Connie for the first time in April and I've heard that it is more different than the others, so looking forward to seeing if we can tell the difference! Want to see the bar with all the strange white stuff...

I thought they did away with that "white stuff" and put reflections back to the way it was intended. NO? I have not heard much about it lately..

More or less they are carbon copies of the first of the class - Millennium...

Other than color schemes/art/some decor, here are the major differences...

Infinity has had the opening (overlook) from Deck Five to Deck Four sealed off - that is, on the other M-Class ships, Rendez-vous Lounge and the Martini/Champagne Bars are virtually connected via an opening between decks.

Summit still has the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth" Scheme, but it is referred to as "The Disco" on board - no more Cirque... I believe Constellation still has it, bot not quite sure...

"Notes" is now the PC Learning Center; "Notes" was a Music Library.

Other than the above and a few "Back of the House" and Crew areas, they are virtually the same.

I thought they did away with that "white stuff" and put reflections back to the way it was intended. NO? I have not heard much about it lately..

exactly what is the "white stuff" that you are referring to?

I have been on the Summitt 2 x's and it was great.

I will be going on the Constellation in Oct.

But the difference I found out on that was, that we have a Sky Suite and this time it does not have a jetted bath tub in the SS like the Summitt had.

I wonder why they did not do that to all the same class ships.

Even the Galaxy SS had a jetted tub.

I guess I will just have to walk next door and use my Parents jetted tub, lol, They have the Celebrity Suite.

I have heard that the Connie still has all the white drapes in there but only use it as a lounge/Bar now.

I really enjoyed the M Class ship, I am sure no one will complain about any of them.

Sue

Pmach, although I've never seen it myself, Connie (and I think another M class ship) once had the big lounge up the top decorated all in white as a backdrop for a Cirque de Soleil show (not sure it was even a show, maybe just a CdS themed lounge), which was unsuccessful, and they have been slow to remove all the vestiges of this decor, sounds like the white drapes on the windows are still there.

Doesn't the Millie have an "extreme sports bar" in the area that on the Summit and the Connie is the conservatory? We've been on both of those and I'm sort of interested in seeing what might be a more interesting (or at least popular) use of the space. Those flowers are pretty but I've never seen anybody do anything but walk thru there. Always thought it would be a lovely place for a "tea shoppe" with classical piano.

Doesn't the Millie have an "extreme sports bar" in the area that on the Summit and the Connie is the conservatory? We've been on both of those and I'm sort of interested in seeing what might be a more interesting (or at least popular) use of the space. Those flowers are pretty but I've never seen anybody do anything but walk thru there. Always thought it would be a lovely place for a "tea shoppe" with classical piano.

Yes, Millennium has Extreme, which is allegedly a sports bar. It features comfortable (but ugly) furniture in bright, primary colors, multiple flat panel TVs (occasionally showing ESPN, but most often showing nothing) and a bar that is almost never staffed.

To give you an idea of how much use this facility gets, on last week's cruise, we brought a Scrabble game and jigsaw puzzle up there from the card room. We spread them out on two tables to play. At the end of the cruise, neither had been moved.

Unfortunately, Constellation still has the "decor" left over from the Cirque misadventure. The curtains on the windows are, mercifully, gone, but the "bed canopies" are still there, the rags are still hanging around from the ceiling, etc. (as of two weeks ago). We actually had a chat with a very Senior Officer and asked him when the lounge might be returned to its former glory ...he joked around about perhaps if we came up after midnight and some of the rags happened to disappear it would be a start!

Seriously, all the signage around the ship (the etched-glass ones by the elevator banks listing all the venues, for instance) refer to this as the "Bar at the Edge..." - I don't think it's going to find its way back to being called "Revelations" anytime soon.

I love that space for watching sail-ins and sail-aways. Hated the renovations. (I also hated it when they put an art auction or trivia in there during some very scenic hours.)

I, for one like the "different decor" in the lounge on the Summit, formerly know as the Bar At The Edge. I like the privacy and ambiance the canopied beds afford ;) , but then again, I am not (thankfully) your typical cruise passenger. The lounge IS great for viewing.

I don't know about the Millie or Connie but the Infinity has an outside stairway that leads to the upper outside deck (forward, above the Constelation Lounge) that the Summit does not offer, with lounge chairs for sun bathing or relaxing in the fresh air.

Archived