Boston hotel area closest to port

39august

What area of Boston is closest to the port, please? I was looking for an airport hotel, but it occured to me that maybe downtown would be closer to the port. Or a suburb? I will make a reservation, then bid the area hotels on Priceline or look on Hotwire. Also, any ideas about taxi prices to downtown from airport and taxi prices from airport hotels to the port?

What area of Boston is closest to the port, please? I was looking for an airport hotel, but it occured to me that maybe downtown would be closer to the port. Or a suburb? I will make a reservation, then bid the area hotels on Priceline or look on Hotwire. Also, any ideas about taxi prices to downtown from airport and taxi prices from airport hotels to the port?

Hi,

We stayed in Boston pre-cruise this past summer. To be honest, we were looking for something more in town to be able to see some sights. We stayed at the Sheraton in the back bay area. That area proved to be so convenient and easy to get around. Travel to the port was a little crazy, because the taxi driver did not know how to get to the port. As others have suggested, take a mapquest map with directions to the port with you.

After our cruise we stayed at the Hilton by the airport. We liked the hotel and it was easy to get into the city and for our flight the next day. I am sorry, I don't remember taxi prices. I will ask DH when he gets home and post back if he remembers. Boston was much easier to get around than I thought it was going to be. You will love the city. Be sure to go to Legal Seafood, great food!

Linda

Yes I know I am a New Yorker but Boston is a relatively small and compact town. We had a ship that stopped there and used taxi's back and forth, as well as having been there many times sans cruise ship. The cab to downtown-where the hotels are was about $10-12. It won't be that much more to the back bay. Boston is a lovely town with a lot to do and see. Stay downtown and cab around.

I thought it was only in Brooklyn that the cab drivers didn't know where the cruise terminal was....thanks for that info...

We stayed at the Westin,you could see the ship,short walk or taxi,very close to South station and the city,easy to get the public tansport outside the hotel to city and airport.

Yes Downtown is very close.

Archived