Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice 3/8/09 (Atlantis Events)

philamike

for the guys who traveled on the Solstice. Did you receive a survey from Celebrity in your stateroom before you left? We got the Atlantis survey form but never received a Celebrity one. I asked the Atlantis Rep at the Oceanview the day we left and he said there would be some available when we left the ship but there was none. Is there a way to still give feedback? Is there an online form?

for the guys who traveled on the Solstice. Did you receive a survey from Celebrity in your stateroom before you left? We got the Atlantis survey form but never received a Celebrity one. I asked the Atlantis Rep at the Oceanview the day we left and he said there would be some available when we left the ship but there was none. Is there a way to still give feedback? Is there an online form?

We received it in our stateroom and dropped it off in a box on the gangway on the way out. Besides writing a letter, I don't think there is a way to provide feedback. I believe they are very strict about where and when they get feedback forms in order to ensure that it's coming from a legitimate passenger. Staff aren't allowed to even touch a feedback form, even if it's filled out and just needs to be dropped off.

No we didn't receive one either.

Jim & Terry

Buddy, you can send an email through the web-site. We did this because we loved the Asian restaurant and had heard they were thinking of dropping it on future Solstice class ships.

Here's the link:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contactus/custSvcsForm.do;jsessionid=0000HAysmNw6g27c1bwgwLq-xrh:12hdebcnj

Hi BostonBud

We did receive a Celebrity questionnaire. There was only one between the rommie and I and I was the one who completed it because I wanted to make sure excellent service was recognized. Loudres, my stateroom steward, gave it to me and told me to complete it and I asked her for her assistant's name too (Felipe) and also wanted to write up Nalan for her excellent service in Blu. The people were oh so kind! The drop off for it was on the way off the ship but I didn't see any questionnaires on the way off.

Hopefully you had a good experience and want to tell Celebrity of it! :D I want to go back!!!

Buddy, you can send an email through the web-site. We did this because we loved the Asian restaurant and had heard they were thinking of dropping it on future Solstice class ships.

Any ideas what restaurant they would put in it's place? It seems like the other restaurants keep have it covered. Maybe they could switch it to teppenyaki like the Jewel class ships have. That's always fun! :D

Brought tears to my eyes seeing what I missed. My friends said it was amazing. As my luck would have it, my appendix decided it wanted out of my body as I was exiting the plane in Ft Lauderdale the morning of the cruise, and I spent the week in the hospital and not on the ship.

I plan on making up for it real soon. All I can say is thank god I had trip interuption insurance LOL.

Again, awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Brought tears to my eyes seeing what I missed. My friends said it was amazing. As my luck would have it, my appendix decided it wanted out of my body as I was exiting the plane in Ft Lauderdale the morning of the cruise, and I spent the week in the hospital and not on the ship.

I plan on making up for it real soon. All I can say is thank god I had trip interuption insurance LOL.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this! But you are correct -- thank God for travel insurance. And thank God it didn't happen DURING the cruise!

Hope you can book for March 2010 -- Solstice is a really beautiful ship!

OMG! Ouch! I am happy to hear you did have trip insurance though and that it didn't happen onboard because I know for sure the ship's medical facilities are not capable of handling that. Medievac isn't cheap either!

I do hope you book the Solstice for next year. It's a different itinerary but it's still the a great ship and she's the main attraction!

Mike, great video. You didn't waste anytime editing and getting it up. I've done many films so I know the time typically spent viewing, editing and syncing especially with a sound track.

I took video of this cruise too, first time, but I have no idea when I will ever get around to seeing it, let alone editing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else receive their post-cruise survey from Celebrity for this cruise today? Did anyone actually have the correct itinerary? Mine had the itinerary for next years (the typical Solstice - San Juan, Tortola, St. Maarten) cruise.

CelebLogo_whiteonblue.jpg

Welcome home from your cruise!

CEL_Fleetwide_RoomService_3.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We goin Dec to CATALINA ISLAND Dominican Republic , how was your trip their? Was the beach near port OK?

Didn't like the island at all. We took the bus to an area which apparently is on some resort and there were a few shops but all in all a waste of time.

Didn't like the island at all. We took the bus to an area which apparently is on some resort and there were a few shops but all in all a waste of time.

Thanks Bud

Guess we will be glad we are their only part of 1 day. Bus was their a beach near where you got off the ship>

Thanks

Archived