Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice 3/8/09 (Atlantis Events)

philamike

I think the only people who could have booked this trip were the ones on the Libery of the Seas which came back on Saturday. There were a lot of people booking this cruise too, although they were reserving a number of staterooms for people taking the March cruise. I also heard that they were not offering suites until the people on the March cruise had their chance.

I really liked the AquaSpa rooms however, they were on the deck right below the pool and I would not want to be there when the parties are going on at night. We opted for the Sky deck.

I just reread your post and I see that you say you booked through Celebrity. I'd expect a call or letter from them telling you to rebook because the ship's been chartered. I just in the RCI room that a woman who was booked on the Freedom the same time as Atlantis was just informed that her cruise was cancelled.

I was surprised at how many people were signing up for the Solstice last week, it looked like more people were interested in this cruise than the Jan one. While we had a fantastic time, I'm hoping the March cruise is a bit more sedate than the typical January cruise.

403 days and counting...LOL We had a great time on Liberty, Atlantis team was awesome as always. We thought RCI service was a bit lacking compared to Freedom in '07 but none the less had an amazing vacation.

Glad to see the same people will be Cruise Critic threading for Solstice...

Philamike, you beat me to the thread starting post...first cruise in 4 years in which I didn't start the thread LOLOL

Have a good one bois, gary

I will be curious to see what space is available on Solstice by time I get on the Millenium on March 2nd.

I think the type of cruise ship Solstice is might mark a new era in Atlantis cruising....more deversified and less deck party centered. Since I will have already sailed on her by time March 2009 rolls around....do I dare book a second voyage???????

By the way...was there any discussion on Liberty about the Asia cruise???? I have not seen anyone post any info or hints.

Gigand...will you plan a RSVP cruise for next year as well?????

So many ships, so many cruises......ain't life grand:D

Tom

gfromftlaud, sorry to steal your thunder! But isn't it comforting to know that you're not alone in your cruisecritic addiction? :-)

I checked out the roll call for the 3/8/09 Solstice cruise -- someone spilled the beans about the Atlantis charter. I kinda feel sorry for those who were already booked, and will be getting a call from Celebrity soon with the news. ("Sorry, you're being bumped off the ship to be replaced by more fabulous passengers...")

Speaking of which, a couple folks in that forum said they called Celebrity, which said they were not aware of a charter. And they're still taking reservations for that sailing. Rich did say on the MSN group that the Celebrity deal isn't finalized yet, but I'm surprised Celebrity is still taking reservations...

For those going on this March's Millennium sailing -- someone posted somewhere that the suites on Solstice are being held for booking on your sailing. So Solstice won't be sold out yet.

I was told on the Liberty that Atlantis was saving the suites and blocking off many of the rooms for the March group's selection. I also thought I read in Rich's email on the MSN group, that the itinerary was the only thing that wasn't set in stone but that the ship was:

Some Solstice Rumor control and notes from Rich:

- Solstice will go on sale to the public after our March 2008 cruise.

- The itinerary is tentative and has not been cleared. Everything we've published says that clearly.

- The ship will definitely be a less frenetic, less active, and less of a party atmosphere than Freedom in 2009. That's the whole idea. It's more of a spa/resort experience in design. Plus, we simply don't have the venues for super-large parties. Look for some very new original programming.

I hope that helps and thank all of you for the continued support.

Regards,

Rich

Atlantis Events, Inc.

We had a fantastic time on the Liberty, but I'm looking forward to a more sedate cruise than the "party all night" atmosphere.

and I thought I was getting anxious just thinking about posting (and of course I already changed my signature line!)

Hi Buddy!

It looks like you've been bitten hard by the cruise bug too. Nice to see we're not alone in the obsession.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Buddy!

It looks like you've been bitten hard by the cruise bug too. Nice to see we're not alone in the obsession.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey guys! Yes, we have, although I would love to be doing as many cruises as you guys! I'm so jealous. We're limiting our crusing to the Atlantis trip however. We can't imagine being on a ship with children (I know I sound bad) but it was so nice on the Liberty in the H20 without screaming kids around.

I'm tempted to try a "regular" cruise but I don't think the husband would want to go. I think you guys would be a ball to travel with (I love you and Lee's wit!) and I might be able to convince Patrick since he loves all things Canadian. We'll see!

Buddy

I checked out the roll call for the 3/8/09 Solstice cruise -- someone spilled the beans about the Atlantis charter. I kinda feel sorry for those who were already booked, and will be getting a call from Celebrity soon with the news. ("Sorry, you're being bumped off the ship to be replaced by more fabulous passengers...")

For those going on this March's Millennium sailing -- someone posted somewhere that the suites on Solstice are being held for booking on your sailing. So Solstice won't be sold out yet.

We had a Penthouse suite booked B2B on your cruise. I am very surprised to now know the suite we booked months ago will now be filled with better and more fabulous people. I am disapointed that I will have to make other arrangements. Have a wonderful time as I will try to do the same. :o

I really liked the AquaSpa rooms however, they were on the deck right below the pool and I would not want to be there when the parties are going on at night. We opted for the Sky deck.

There are some under quieter areas like the hair salon or the accupuncture.

("Sorry, you're being bumped off the ship to be replaced by more fabulous passengers...")

Speaking of which, a couple folks in that forum said they called Celebrity, which said they were not aware of a charter. And they're still taking reservations for that sailing. Rich did say on the MSN group that the Celebrity deal isn't finalized yet, but I'm surprised Celebrity is still taking reservations...

You're not always replacing someone more fabulous. :) Same thing happened to us last fall when Atlantis bumped our mainstream sailing of Brilliance. I called RCL when i saw the Atlantis email in my inbox and the woman insisted I was wrong and it was still a regular sailing. RCL/X are pretty bad at internal communications.

I feel sorry for the bumped folks. Many would have reserved when the shipped released for booking last May. I know that when Brill was chartered, we lost our "dream" room.

Hope you all have fun.

Hi...:cool: .We are a Lesbian couple, and 10 of our friends, from California, sailing on the Solstice 3/1/2009 and looking for some suggestions for hotels/motels, beach front preferred, for a night before and a night after the cruise.....and maybe suggestions for restaurants....seafood.......any info would be helpful....

I'm booked on Celebrity Solstice too with my partner Jeff. 400 day countdown started yesterday, so I'm excited!!! Honestly, the best parties I've had on Atlantis cruises are when they are smaller in nature, so if there are smaller parties on this ship, it'll probably be great! It'll be nice to have an Atlantis cruise that is a little bit more quiet too. I have an Aqua Class room, so it'll just be a waste if all I do is sleep during the day in it.

That being said, A LOT of regular january cruisers are going on this thing, so don't hold your breath for it being too quiet :)

Rich posted a bit more about the Solstice:

More Solstice Rumor control...

- Alumni will have 2-3 days to book before it goes live to the public, but only after we return from the March Cruise. Look for an email around March 15th.

- And of course there will be parties, just not of the scale or production value on Freedom. The ship is not as well suited for them. But we'll create something spectacular and appropriate.

Don't worry, it's a big ship.

Rich

Atlantis Events, Inc.

Archived