Drunks on Carnival??

DebBrown

I can't figure out how to set this up as a poll, so let's just hear your opinions. We have heard all about how children should or shouldn't be on cruises and who is responsible for their behavior, who do you think is responsible for the stumbling drunks?

Is it:

A) Parents of the good children

B) Parents of the bad children

C) Passengers with no children

D) CCL

E) The drunks themselves.

Feel free to add any other possibilities.

WOW

I am gonna imply something really shocking in this age of "Everyone is a victim" and "its always soemone elses fault"

But maybe , JUST MAYBE, its the fault of the stumbleing drunks themselves.

Ya think?

Karen - Knowing how you stand on that "other" thread I'm going to refrain from responding to your overboard comment, however I'm sure "someone" will be along shortly.

Doubtless the drunks themselves, but it would not surprise me if in the case of some injury, the drunk would attempt to blame Carnival under some variation of a dram shop law by saying "the bartender should not have served me if I was *that* drunk."

Well gollll-eeeeeeeee, next thing you know they'd be trying to blame the baggage screeners for not finding and confiscating their smuggled booze, which allowed them to get rip-roaring smashed without having to leave their cabin. :rolleyes:

I wonder whatever happened to the one rather inebriated individual who was passed out in the piano bar on the Triumph? I *did* see him the next afternoon stumbling around the Lido, wearing the same clothes from the night before.

WOW

I am gonna imply something really shocking in this age of "Everyone is a victim" and "its always soemone elses fault"

But maybe , JUST MAYBE, its the fault of the stumbleing drunks themselves.

Bingo!!!! Everyone is responsible for their own actions and should be held accountable for such just as parents are responsible and should be held accountable for the actions of their children.

DEB

And if the pliers routine doesn't work, They have a Carnival rep remind you that every bad thing that has happened to you in life was because someone was out to get you and was in no way your fault.

That'll get the old bar bill going!!! *LOL*

DEB

And if the pliers routine doesn't work, They have a Carnival rep remind you that every bad thing that has happened to you in life was because someone was out to get you and was in no way your fault.

That'll get the old bar bill going!!! *LOL*

That and they stand beside you ready with another drink as soon as you finish the first one!!

I saw a Tshirt in NOLA last weekend that was hilarious and pretty much fits here: "I got Bourbon faced on sh*t Street" but it wasn't my fault!! ;)

DEB,

Yep I saw that one last year in NOLA

Of course my favorite T shirt from there is

F*** You, You F***ity F*** F***

*LOL*

It was all I could do not to spend the $13 on that one and send it to my ex. Just not worth the $13. ;)

I kind of miss the old party till you puke days on Carnival. The old "chug a bong of beer contests" by the pool during rough seas were primo entertainment.

Well Tef we "could" do that on the VV cruise don't cha know - and we DO have the advertising :D

I think the beer chugging on VV would be perfect!!! Let's go for it.

Deb, in answer to your poll, I believe the drunks are responsible for themselves. We need to start a new system; instead of having a designated driver, cruise drunks will need a designated "keeper" who is responsible for cleaning up the puke, using duct tape as necessary for the loud mouth creeps, and finally, but not least, getting them back to their cabins to sleep it off. (hate to wake up on deck to find I've spent the whole night under a chair:D )

Archived