Drunks on Carnival??

DebBrown

Deb, excellent idea. You can perfect it on the S&S cruise and hand out the rules for the VV cruise.p.s. Your hurricane post got moved.:(

That and we have rules for nekkid slip n slide ;)

I saw that! I can relate to everyone of those too! Looking at pics from Ivan and it was devestating!

I can't believe you all miss the boat (ship that is) on this one. It's simple, It's the children that allow their parents to drink and behave like they do!

You would think that the children would control their parents more. It's disgraceful. I think we ought to have a ship for children only. The parents are getting out of hand.

I cruise for a nice quite vacation and then these children have to bring their parents along and just let them run amok!

Somebody needs to talk to these children who think that they can turn their parents loose and it's somebody else's problem.:p :p :p :p

The ship's photographers, when alerted of some outrageously drunk individual, should make a videologue of him/her going through their antics (stumbling, spilling drinks, knocking people down, vulgarity, disheveled attire, etc.)

Then sell just 100 of them for $5 each to anyone who wants to buy them, but give the drunk 24 hours to purchase ALL OF THEM FIRST the next day. My God how the money would roll in ! ! :D

Let's see, 4 drunks a day ($2,000) times 365 days a year ($730,000) times 47 ships in the Carnival Corp fleet ($34.3 MILLION) times 20 years ($686 MILLION) ! ! Carnival could build a new ship free and clear in 20 years. Name it THE JACK DANIELS. :D

I used to be a very good friend of Jack Daniels, now I only visit him once or twice a year (and then only briefly). :rolleyes:

GARY.

there was this show on MTV where they follwed these kids on Spring Break and videoed them all week long and then they got them together with their parents and boy friends back home and played the tape.

Some of these kids wanted to die *LOL*

Imagine a show like that on the Travel Channel with all these "Highlights" *LOL*

I've never seen a drunk on a HAL ship. Maybe there's one thing to be said about cruising with the walker set.
More than likely because there are contraindications for their medications and alcohol.

But the door decorations on HAL are cool. I like the red and white diamond-shaped ones that say "Oxygen in Use." :p

We're not using water, we're using oil that we will be warming up in our crock pots! ;)

So THATS what the crock pots are for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *LOL*

You know KY actually now makes a self warming version now. Same effect, and you don't have the potentially hazardous crock pot.

Okay, I vote for the drunks themselves if they're of legal drinking age, and the parents of the drunk kids who aren't of age.

Nekkid slip and slide sounds, ummm, interesting! Yeah, that's it! Will it be held on the first sea day on the Lido deck? :D

I work for a law office- A few weeks a go a young couple came in to discuss with an atty to see if they could sue Royal. Seems the lady was very drunk- feel down the steps and broke her ankle. She tried to sue Royal on the fact the bartender should not have sold her any more drinks. The atty got in touch with Royal who in turned sent us her and the SO sign and sail bill - Not one drink was had on that bill. (and we wonder why the cruise lines try to enforce the NO alcohol from the outside)

[quote name='serene56']I work for a law office- A few weeks a go a young couple came in to discuss with an atty to see if they could sue Royal. Seems the lady was very drunk- feel down the steps and broke her ankle. She tried to sue Royal on the fact the bartender should not have sold her any more drinks. The atty got in touch with Royal who in turned sent us her and the SO sign and sail bill - Not one drink was had on that bill. (and we wonder why the cruise lines try to enforce the NO alcohol from the outside)[/QUOTE] serene,

As I mentioned in an earlier post in the thread, the cause of action should have been directed against the baggage screener who didn't find the smuggled booze. :rolleyes:

After this last cruise I agree that I should have been one of the drunkers thrown overboard!! me and my party were over the top after about 5 shots and several cocktails!!!
We were stumbling and laughing down the hallways...and if I remember correctly knocking on people's doors before encountering another group of drunkards doing the same thing.
We were obnoxious and I apologize in my name and the name of all of the drunks on board!
:rolleyes:

[quote name='lmondrop']After this last cruise I agree that I should have been one of the drunkers thrown overboard!! me and my party were over the top after about 5 shots and several cocktails!!!
We were stumbling and laughing down the hallways...and if I remember correctly knocking on people's doors before encountering another group of drunkards doing the same thing.
We were obnoxious and I apologize in my name and the name of all of the drunks on board!
:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
I think I was in that other group!! ;)

[quote name='DebBrown']I can't figure out how to set this up as a poll, so let's just hear your opinions. We have heard all about how children should or shouldn't be on cruises and who is responsible for their behavior, who do you think is responsible for the stumbling drunks?

Is it:

A) Parents of the good children
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Heck no! These wonderful people have done enough, don't you think??? They deserve to just sit back and enjoy their good kids.[/COLOR]
B) Parents of the bad children
[COLOR=DarkOrange]These are most likely the drunks you are referring to[/COLOR]
C) Passengers with no children
[COLOR=DarkOrange]You won't find them...they're off having the time of their lives.[/COLOR]
D) CCL
[COLOR=DarkOrange]They caused the idiots to get drunk in the first place by making it SOOOO tempting...naming the drinks with scandalous names, placing pretty unbrellas in them...disguising the alcohol in all kinds of delicious fruit juices to make them go down so easy.......[/COLOR]
E) The drunks themselves.
[COLOR=DarkOrange]This only works for the drunks able to stand upright without tilting...which means, none of them :D [/COLOR]

Feel free to add any other possibilities.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]can't think of any....sorry :D [/COLOR]

[quote name='LSUtraveler'][b][i][size=3][color=darkorchid]I really wonder if a suit would do any good since most of these ships are under a foreign flag?[/color][/size][/i][/b][/QUOTE] Filing a lawsuit really has absolutely nothing to do with the veracity of the claims. I believe there is language in the cruise contract wherein the passenger agrees to arbitrate any disputes with the cruise line. Of course, people don't *read* that part, just like they don't read the part about not being owed any compensation for changes in itineraries. :rolleyes:

Archived