Deck Cabin selection on Navigator

maryella

For all you past cruisers I ned some help with a first time cruise on the Navigator this summer in the Med. I was told I could have cabin #624 and #625 for my kids. Is deck 6 too noisy? From the deck plan it looks like these rooms over look the main entrance way and I am concerned that loud noises would filter up to the rooms. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Just posted about this on another thread. The most important thing on the Navigator is to be mid-ship or slightly forward. Go to the rssc.com website and check out the deck above and/or below where you would like to be to insure it isn't :) an area that would be potentially noisy (gym, pool, restaurant, etc.). Hope you enjoy your cruise (this is really a small ship with little to do for young children -- older ones seems to do fine!)

These rooms (624/625) are right off the atrium area on Deck 6. There are just cabins above and below so not concerned there. I am worried about the noise coming in from the atrium area where the recption desk is etc. The rooms closest to this area seem like they are right outside a heavy traffic area. Can anyone comment? Thanks!

Remembering it is not a high volume ship, I don't think you will have any real issues with noise. Also, it is not as if the suites open onto the public areas; they are actually set behind substantial panels/doorways so there is a sound break.

If given a choice I would probably try to get something 5 or 6 suites further away...just because, but I wouldn't avoid the cruise or pay more for a higher category if those were the only ones available.

Archived