Departing Sun Princess -best spot for taking photos of Sydney?

surfoz

Hi

Sun Princess leaving from Wharf 8 Darling Harbour

I am just wondering whereabouts on the ship might be the best spot to take photos of the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, well Sydney harbour in general.

Thanks for any tips.

Hi

Sun Princess leaving from Wharf 8 Darling Harbour

I am just wondering whereabouts on the ship might be the best spot to take photos of the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, well Sydney harbour in general.

Thanks for any tips.

Three spots Jeff, all are well forward.

1. Above Horizon court on the top deck,
  2. In front of Horizon Court (take stairs down from top deck to there)
  3. Baja deck (take the corridor al the way forward and exit through a door to a beaut little viewing deck)

In each case, try to get to the rail for unobstructed shots. You will need to be slightly to starboard to get best shots of both bridge & Opera House.

Will get my pics up on flickr one of these days.

Thanks Geoff, well I will have to try all three locations!

By the way, we will be arriving in Sydney the day before our cruise, so do you have any good vantage points for when she arrives? Opera House?

We will be staying in CBD but don't mind a walk or a ferry trip to Manly.

Cheers

Jeff

By the way, we will be arriving in Sydney the day before our cruise, so do you have any good vantage points for when she arrives? Opera House?

Cheers

Jeff

Personally, I think standing on the Harbour Bridge looking down on a ship as she goes under would be awesome.

Karen

Cheers

Jeff

Personally, I think standing on the Harbour Bridge looking down on a ship as she goes under would be awesome.

Karen

Thanks Geoff, well I will have to try all three locations!

Cheers

Jeff

Jeff,

If on time, she will arrive very early (around 5am), which takes ferry destinations out of play. Macmahons Point & Blues Point are great, but best reached by ferry to Macmahons Point. As karmac has already added, from just above her on the bridge will blow you away at how close a look you will get. For photos, there is a mesh fence to shoot through that will be a bit restrictive. Opera House is a great location as well, and definately the No1 location for any ships berthing into OPT at Circular Quay.

I guess that the only down side is you will only get to choose one vantage point.We had enough fun just being awake before 5am, let alone being active, so was a bonus to just stick the camera out of the window.

Thanks Karen an Geoff for the tips.

It seems the ship's departure time has changed to 8pm on 11 Feb instead of 4 pm 10 Feb but boarding time is still 1-3pm 10 Feb. A bit confused, but I shall be ringing to find out why today.

Cheers

It seems the ship's departure time has changed to 8pm on 11 Feb instead of 4 pm 10 Feb but boarding time is still 1-3pm 10 Feb. A bit confused, but I shall be ringing to find out why today.

Gosh, Surfoz, I do hope that's a blooper. It would inconvenience a lot of people..especially those wo are already booked on flights and overnighting in Sydney. I better rummage about too as we go on the 24th.

Have a great time on the Princess and in NZ.

Cheers,

Anna

Gosh, Surfoz, I do hope that's a blooper. It would inconvenience a lot of people..especially those wo are already booked on flights and overnighting in Sydney. I better rummage about too as we go on the 24th.

Have a great time on the Princess and in NZ.

Cheers,

Anna

Thanks Anna, I donlt think it is a blooper as per the latest issue of boarding passes, you can see more on the ROll Call. hmmm I wonder if they are hlidng the ship waiting for a large party to arrive...

I phoned Princess they advised the ship will be docking in Sydney overnight and leaving the next morning, they could not tell me a departure time. I note our itinerary within Personaliser has been updated

OVERNIGHT

*SHIP DEPARTS SYD FEB 11*

CHECK IN FM 12:30PM-3:00PM Feb 10

They also advised that there should be no disruption to the scheduled port visits.

Cheers

Jeff

G'day Anna

I am thinking the time may be indicative after the change. I am hopeful of a morning departure, i really don't think they are going to keep us on ship all day!!! are they? well at least there are a lot worse things to be doing!!!

My wife also has a workmate booked on your trip.

have a great cruise!

Cheers

Jeff

Instead of going all the way forward you could do as we did and stay on deck so you can see the ship go under the bridge, a great thrill when you are on top. Then go down to the front decks. Not everyone knows about them at the start of the cruise, there is one also on aloha deck which was just steps from our cabin. Then you can view watsons bay and going through the heads from there.

From my view though watching the funnels scrape through under the bridge is mindblowing with the music and people getting excited

Three spots Jeff, all are well forward.

1. Above Horizon court on the top deck,
  2. In front of Horizon Court (take stairs down from top deck to there)
  3. Baja deck (take the corridor al the way forward and exit through a door to a beaut little viewing deck).

In each case, try to get to the rail for unobstructed shots. You will need to be slightly to starboard to get best shots of both bridge & Opera House.

Will get my pics up on flickr one of these days.

This pic probably sums up what Karon & I were describing. Click to get the larger pic

[/url]

2477759810101343478S600x600Q85.jpg

Was forgetting the highest of these front decks was on Aloha right above the Baja one

Archived