Port Canaveral

kruzerci

Been out of the cruisecritic loop for a while now, been a rough few months and not a free minute to think about another cruise anytime soon :eek: ! My search isn't working, just wondering if we ever found anything else out about Port Canaveral. Last I heard was that the Sovereign and Mariner were leaving, is there anything else scheduled to come in for 7 day, or even 4 day, service? Any other big RCI news within the last few months?

There were stories in the past few weeks about a breakdown in negotiations between the major cruiselines at Port Canaveral and the Port Authority. The Port Authority wants the lines to commit to long term (10 years I believe) lease agreements before it will spend the money necessary to upgrade the facilities to handle the larger ships, while the cruiselines want to retain their flexibility and their ability to divert their ships to other locations and itineraries as circumstances demand. If demand for Caribbean cruises versus cruises to Europe, Alaska and elsewhere continues to be weak, the lines are not interested in being tied to long-term agreements. Unless some sort of compromise is reached don't expect much in the way of new ship deployment at PC.:(

Archived