The Boards are Crazy Slow!!

Desertbelle

I was up at 5 AM and the forums were very slow, and now at 7:30 AM, it's almost impossible to read and write anything.

How much traffic can there be at 5 in the morning?? The number of double, and triple posts probably isn't helping the situation on top of everything else. :(

Thanks for posting all of you, I thought it was me! I am not very good on this machine so I blamed myself.

I am also getting the page that tells me the site is not available, and some of the postings simply will not come up no matter how "patient" I am.

Even with high speed internet, the boards have been impossible for at least a month with timed out warnings, white screens, and at times, triple posts. I know the argument continues to be that CC has a lot of traffic, but there are hundreds of sites on the internet that have triple the number of hits, and they're not anywhere near as slow.

Even with high speed internet, the boards have been impossible for at least a month with timed out warnings, white screens, and at times, triple posts. I know the argument continues to be that CC has a lot of traffic, but there are hundreds of sites on the internet that have triple the number of hits, and they're not anywhere near as slow.

The good news is that it's not just me.;) The bad news is that it's just not me. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the Moderators can tell us if there is any relief in sight?

It has certainly been frustrating. I have found that sometimes when it is slow to load, back up to the previous screen, click on an unrelated thread, and than go back to the thread you want. Also, if it is slow posting, hit post again and you often will get a message that you can't post on the same thread in a short period of time (meaning that your original post took even though it didn't look like it was going to).

The boards had a similar problem maybe 6 months or so ago. It had appeared to be resolved until the last few weeks, but here we go again. I am active on other non-cruise message boards with lots of traffic, and no problems.

I am sure the managers are as frustrated as we are, and are certainly not doing it on purpose. I imagine it is a lot more work for them. Hopefully, they will find an effective fix that lasts.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D :D Bob and Phyl

Archived