Great Enhancement Tip for all Carnival Cruises

Southern Cruiser

Hello ALL,

All carnival ships have soft serve ice cream available for your pleasure whenever you desire. It is delicious! One problem- No Toppings (if you so desire).

My wife and I was prepared on our last cruise and we were not disappointed. Pack inside your luggage Hersheys Ice Cream Flavor shell. There are flavors to satisfy all taste- Chocolate, Caramel, Butterscotch, and even peanut butter. Takes so little room-so much pleasure.

I know, I know, some will say- Why bring food when there is so much to eat on a cruise.

It's just another way to ENHANCE an already good thing!

If your on the Valor in May and you see someone enjoying a great looking dessert on a hot summer day. Don't be jealous- it's just me. Don't ask- where I got the great toppings or if I'll share :D . Just remember I told you so.

Happy Cruising!

PS. NO I DO NOT WEIGH 300lbs. I take the stairs!

I have not tried this yet, but intend to when I sail in March.

I've heard you can make your own Frappucino. Just fill your coffe mug halfway with soft serve ice cream and top off with coffee. Sounds yummy if you are into that sort of thing. I know I am.

BTW- I love the tip for the ice cream toppings.

Hotfire

There are several CC'ers that take their own toppings... and then there is at least one time on the ship that they have toppings... On every cruise I say I'm going to have a little ice cream, and never do... one of these days. I love just plain vanilla soft-serve, I just always forget, LOL

I am not a huge ice cream fan but my DH, DD and DS love the stuff. I think this is an excellent idea.

I bet you can make your own ice cream floats or drinks that way as well. I do not like either of those but just thought I would add it to the list.

I am not a huge ice cream fan but my DH, DD and DS love the stuff. I think this is an excellent idea.

I bet you can make your own ice cream floats or drinks that way as well. I do not like either of those but just thought I would add it to the list.

I am sure there are Bananas on-board, Ice Cream of-course, syrup and jams, assorted fruit. Ok, I think I am going to try for banana splits next cruise.

ok, so I got accused of spending time in prison for knowing this kind of stuff, but here goes.

2 peaches in syrup from a salad bar mashed up with a fork and 1 packet of sugar equals peach jam....add less sugar or more juice and it would be a good ice cream topping. Same for strawberries or pineapple I would suppose.

ok, so I got accused of spending time in prison for knowing this kind of stuff, but here goes.

2 peaches in syrup from a salad bar mashed up with a fork and 1 packet of sugar equals peach jam....add less sugar or more juice and it would be a good ice cream topping. Same for strawberries or pineapple I would suppose.

Those sound like camping tips.

I was on the Celebration 1/17 and on our last sea day...boy was it rough, rainy and cold! I was in a Riviera deck cabin where it was relatively calm, and decided to sneak up and get a bowl of ice cream. I grabbed a banana and a big salad bowl, and imagine my joy when they had the sundae bar set up! I had hot fudge, caramel, candied walnuts (YUM!), biscotti and a light, crispy cinnamon cookie...YUMMY! I would never have known if the ship wasn't being thrown all over the sea...I would have been out by the pool drinking a DOD getting some sun. Now I'm hooked...I will definitely be looking for this next cruise! LOL :D

DH and I were just on the Glory a couple of weeks ago, and we enjoyed ice cream and frozen yogurt several times. We'd get something from the grill, and have some ice cream after. We never saw toppings offered.

DD will like the banana split and float idea. (DH too probably)
First let me say that Sasta rootbeer from Dollar Tree is really good and you only need a couple bottles. As far as toppings. Put only the amount you think you will need in small snack size baggies. For chocolate topping you can put just enough for each concoction(sp) in a baggie also and then when it's time to make to treat just open a corner and squeeze the chocolate out of the bag. The baggies fit in those little spaces in the suitcase.

I have not tried this yet, but intend to when I sail in March.

I've heard you can make your own Frappucino. Just fill your coffe mug halfway with soft serve ice cream and top off with coffee. Sounds yummy if you are into that sort of thing. I know I am.

BTW- I love the tip for the ice cream toppings.

Hotfire

I've been doing that since my first cruise. I usually have the cheese platter as dessert, and then have my ice cream/decaf later that night.

I'm trying to figure out how to pack less things, not what to add to an already overstuffed suitcase!

Besides, I like my ice cream plain. I'm not a chocolate lover. I don't even want the cone. Just give me a big old bowl of swirl and I'm happy! And I also take the stairs the entire cruise. 81 steps (not counting the landings) from Deck 2 to Deck 7 on the Miracle. :D

I actually bring a big travel mug and do this a lot. The ice cream stays cold for hours. I also add a few ice cubes.

At night the same travel mug is filled with ice, fruit juice, fruit pieces and a shot of Rum.

We have been doing the root beer float thing for years, got it from here.

Just got off the Miracle and on all four sea days the ice cream topping bar was open from 3 to 5. Yum! However, I think on our next, with the grandsons, I will be packing a bit of those toppings for them. Me too!

Archived