Romantic Tips?

fundayz

Our Alaska cruisetour will be our honeymoon. Our lives are always filled with our children's activities and work. I would like to make this the best honeymoon possible.

Can you offer tips for ways to make this romantic? We are sailing on the Coral July 21st.

We are new to cruising and could use the help. We want this to be a great bonding time alone with out the kids and to experience new things together as husband and wife.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated:)

Our Alaska cruisetour will be our honeymoon. Our lives are always filled with our children's activities and work. I would like to make this the best honeymoon possible.

Can you offer tips for ways to make this romantic? We are sailing on the Coral July 21st.

We are new to cruising and could use the help. We want this to be a great bonding time alone with out the kids and to experience new things together as husband and wife.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated:)

Just one.. Let nature take it's course..

See if they offer the Rasul treatment. Book it for a sea day. Cost is about $90 total for two. You get an hour alone in the treatment room with mud, lotions, a steam room and shower. The door is locked, the attendant will discreetly knock when you have 10 or 15 minutes remaining. Lots of fun! :)

First relax - just enjoy each other's company.

Take advantage of room service for coffee/tea service (maybe breakfast) first thing in the morning. If you want it delivered earlier than the card provides for, just write in the time you want service. It will arrive.

Consider the balcony breakfast for two in Glacier Bay. Ask for a reasonalby early delivery, as you will probably want to really enjoy the Glacier Bay scenery as the morning progresses.

Take at least one spectacular shore excursion. One that you will always remember - a glacier landing comes to mind.

Make sure that Princess knows this is your honeymoon. DH and I honeymooned aboard the Coral, and when the waiters and head waiter found out, they couldn't do enough to make our dining experiences special. Every night, we would have the head waiter say - "I have something special for you this evening" -whether an appetizer or a dessert, we were fussed over a bit.

Also, the Coral is a very special ship -- she is our favorite, and a favorite among experienced Princess cruisers. There is just something very special about her.

Best wishes for a wonderful honeymoon and a lifetime of love and laughter!

A romantic tip?

Visit a local Hobby Lobby or craft store. They usually carry battery operated candles in the wedding section. Regular candles are not allowed as they have an open flame, so these work perfectly. Lightweight and easy to pack. Set the mood in the evening with these and you will be amazed at the outcome. ;)

I appreciate your suggestions.... Cruising is new to us and I want to make this as special of a time as possible. I knew I could count on this board for good ideas.... they all sound nice.

Keep the ideas coming.... I'm sure that others could use the extra romance..even if they aren't on their honeymoon.... :)

I agree-the Ultimate Balcony Dinner is so romantic--AND delicious! My DH and I have been married for 36 years, and this was well worth the $100 cost. Just call Room Service when you get to your stateroom, and set it up.

Congratulations!

Do you have to book the balcony dining in advance or can you order it last minute for that night?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions... want to do it right for my husband to be.... he not only feel in love with me but also my daughter with multiple food allergies... he has had to say goodbye to many of his favorite foods to be in our lives... he never complains... just treats us with love and respect... I am so lucky and I want to do nice things for him.

Do you have to book the balcony dining in advance or can you order it last minute for that night?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions... want to do it right for my husband to be.... he not only feel in love with me but also my daughter with multiple food allergies... he has had to say goodbye to many of his favorite foods to be in our lives... he never complains... just treats us with love and respect... I am so lucky and I want to do nice things for him.

If you would like to book the ultimate balcony dinner, I would choose a night and book it as soon as you board the ship. Agreed, they only do so many each night, so booking it last minute can be a problem if the spaces fill up. It's one of those things you really need to plan ahead for.

A romantic tip?

Visit a local Hobby Lobby or craft store. They usually carry battery operated candles in the wedding section. Regular candles are not allowed as they have an open flame, so these work perfectly. Lightweight and easy to pack. Set the mood in the evening with these and you will be amazed at the outcome. ;)

Toto is there not a new policy with airlines restriction the amount of batteries you can board with... I am sure I read it on this site. Maybe others know better. Guess it would depend on how many batteries are required.

Toto is there not a new policy with airlines restriction the amount of batteries you can board with... I am sure I read it on this site. Maybe others know better. Guess it would depend on how many batteries are required.

If I remember correctly, that has to do with a certain kind of battery. We just pack the candles in our checked bags and put the batterys in them when we arrive, never had a problem before.

And last cruise (Nov/Dec), I took 6 sets of these with 2 batteries for each candle, as gifts for friends onboard the Star.

I just did a quick search.........here is the thread that discusses the Lithium Battery ban and the type that is limited. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=688377&highlight=batteries

Well, it's your honeymoon. If I remember correctly (it's been a while), everything seems romantic on a honeymoon.

My first recommendation won't seem romantic at all, but I think it could be. I really wish I had kept even a minimal travel journal of all the places we've been during our marriage. I'm not talking writing volumes here, but to capture a line or two about every day of travel during a marriage...I think it would be wonderful to look back on some day when you can't travel anymore. Maybe you can buy a special one and present it to your spouse on the plane en route to Alaska.

We're into the free and spontaneous types of things, so something we still enjoy doing once a cruise is to get up really early and watch the sun rise. If you can see it from your balcony, that's great, but if not, go up high on the ship. You'd be amazed how quiet the ship feels that early in the morning. Even two old coots like us still find that VERY romantic.

And then you can go back to sleep/bed.;)

Congratulations!

Leave a note under the pillow professing your love and undying devotion . Make words out of the letters of each others name...... have flowers delivered to the room (one yellow rose surrounded by 11 red roses) one the card - my best friend (you) surrounded by love (mine)

Great Ideas....

The rose idea is perfect... something simple, loving and different.

I can't wait to marry him!

You are all full of such great tips.... THANK YOU.

Are the flowers on the ship expensive?

The roses can have many uses. Enjoy for a few days and then start using some of the petals on the bed. Be careful as the red ones can stain the sheets. That along with the Candles from above entry and you are set. We also do a spa day, at sea, in the room. Sleep late, breakfast in bed and start the spa day. Bring massage oil. (KY has excellent body massage oil that come in small bottles in a set.)

Bring a bottle of champagne and chill and drink during the spa day. The cabin stewart will get you glasses and if you want mimosas, get orange juice with room service.

Happy sailing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived