Swimming???

WannaCruise08

This probably sounds dumb, but will we be swimming on our Alaskan cruise??

This is our first cruise--I know there are hot tubs on board, but wondered if the pool is heated and do people swim? Also, with the kids' program is there an enclosed kiddie pool? (We'll be on the NCL Pearl)

Thanks!!

:confused:

Our last Alaska cruise very few used the pool. Even with warmer days no many were

at the pool. The hot tubs did get used often.

But the pools were heated so it was not a warm water issue. Just a different type of

cruising than the normal cruises in the Caribbean.

Have Fun!

it is pretty much deserted even though the pool is heated. With the wind, it is still cold out there.

Even the enclosed pools on the RCI and HAL ships we've been on have been little used, though - different priorities in Alaska, apparently.

The Pearl has no enclosed pools, and it is usually too cold except sometimes in port you get lucky.

There will be a few hardy cruisers, but the contrast with me walking by in my coat, hat and gloves says it all. :)

If it is a warm and sunny sea day, then there will be swimming in all pools and people will be sunning themselves. Finding a chair takes a few minutes. That's what happen on the Sapphire Princess last July. Now, a warm and sunny port day, I don't know, it was always overcast at our ports.:D

Very few people swam on my May 19 cruise. That early, the outdoor pool had tons of steam coming out of it cuz the air was so cold above it. Basically, any exposed body part is going to feel extra freezing.

Even the indoor pool had almost no use, despite it being quite nice temp wise.

Archived