How do you tell what Celebrity will be on your ship, which lectures are being offered

GloBug

When we sailed with X in 2005, I found a section of their site that would list the lectures planned for your cruise, which celebrity would be on your ship, etc. I can't find that now that we have a cruise planned in May.

Does it still exist somewhere I'm not seeing it?

Do they still have celebrities on the ships? (We had someone from the Sopranos back in 2005. It was great fun to watch his interview on the Celebrity TV channel, and then have breakfast with him in the dining room!)

Thanks

There is a list of lecturers at the following link. Only trouble is it hasn't been updated from the 2007 cruise year. It might be worth sending an email to Captains Club and asking them if it is going to be updated:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000a4CrsKx6QAsaUZ_JDVGIUDB:12hdbcuh7?pagename=lecture_series

Phil

YOU DA MAN! I went, I saw, and I called. They said the Lecture series info will be updated in April for the following year. However, she said that the info that is there is from April 07 - April 08. Weird, but that's what she said!

Thank you for the lead!!!

Well, BBsails, you should be on our roll call! I'll be on the Millie May 5-19 also! It's going to be a great cruise.

I agree, the LECTURE SERIES page is really confusing, but per the person I spoke to, the info our our cruise will not be available until April. Seems they should do it Jan to Dec, and not have any room for confusion, but that's what I was told.

Thanks for the reminder, GloBug. I plan to sign up on the roll call thread. Figured I'd do it when the final payment is due and the precruise excitement reaches a crescendo. I've been lurking over there a little.

YOU DA MAN! I went, I saw, and I called. They said the Lecture series info will be updated in April for the following year. However, she said that the info that is there is from April 07 - April 08. Weird, but that's what she said!

Thank you for the lead!!!

No problem. Thanks for doing the follow up icon14.gif

Phil

There is a list of lecturers at the following link. Only trouble is it hasn't been updated from the 2007 cruise year. It might be worth sending an email to Captains Club and asking them if it is going to be updated:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000a4CrsKx6QAsaUZ_JDVGIUDB:12hdbcuh7?pagename=lecture_series

Phil

Not only is the list outdated but it's incomplete, ostensibly listing only those lecturers with some (minimal?) name or position recognition. It's been our experience that it's often those less "famous" lecturers X invites on board to speak that are hands down the most interesting, informative and enjoyable.

I do know that J Maxtone Graham told me X was not renewing his contract for '08. I think it was on the Connie TA in September that he told me that. He said he had been appoached by NCL and might go there.

And I agree about Perry Grant. I WILL book the Connie again just for him!

Archived