Visa - Australia

asctony

If you are flying into Australia early (day or two or more earlier than the cruise) do we require a Visa/ETAF to stay in Australia before the cruise?

Princess does provide a Visa but apparently that is only applicable to the cruise and not the time before the cruise.

Anyone have any recent prior experience? Thank you. Happy Cruising!

Yes, you will need the Visa before flying to Australia (the airline will check at the gate) and it is $20. You will need it whether you go directly to the ship or plan to spend several days pre-cruise.

Princess included the $20 in the cost of our cruise on the Sapphire. Once final payment is made and PIFs completed, Princess sends the information in for the Visa. It's electronic and attached to your passport electronically so that when your passport's barcode is swiped, the Visa will show up. If you've booked a Princess cruise, you don't have to do anything or apply for the visa yourself. Your TA will receive verification that the Visa has been processed. I'm not aware of two separate Visas. All I know about is that Princess has arranged my Visa and assured me that I don't have to do anything extra even though I'm flying in three days pre-cruise.

We've been "down under" three times, and our travel agent handled the Visa, electronically.

It was good for both pre-cruise and post-cruise stays.

We are going again Jan 09, with Oceania, and they procure the necessary Visa.

Thank you Pam. We knew that we paid Princess the $20.00 per person for the Visa. What we did not know was how we prove that we already paid Princess for a Visa and where we will get verification that it was processed.

Thank you again! C U in 7x days on the cruise. Happy Cruising!!

Thank you Pam. We knew that we paid Princess the $20.00 per person for the Visa. What we did not know was how we prove that we already paid Princess for a Visa and where we will get verification that it was processed.

Thank you again! C U in 7x days on the cruise. Happy Cruising!!

YW. :) My daughter was visiting over the holidays and was taking the red-eye back to Boston from LAX. Her gate was next to one boarding for Australia and she said it was chaos with some people not knowing they had to have a visa. So, I called Princess directly to get the skinny on the visa; what I posted above is what they told me. I know CR doesn't have the best reputation but the rep I spoke to seemed to know what she was talking about.

See you in just over two months! :)

If you are flying into Australia early (day or two or more earlier than the cruise) do we require a Visa/ETAF to stay in Australia before the cruise?

Princess does provide a Visa but apparently that is only applicable to the cruise and not the time before the cruise.

Anyone have any recent prior experience? Thank you. Happy Cruising!

I don't understand why U.S. citizens need a visa to come into australia..

and yet,us Australians can get into the USA on the visa-waiver program(NO VISA UNDER 3 MTHS STAY), I thought we reciprocated??

You can also arrange the visa with your airline. United took care of ours and I had Princess credit it on our account.

Thank you for the info. We are flying out of LAX to Sydney with United. How did you go about getting United to take care of yours? Happy Cruising!

Archived