Candles Allowed?

rmlf1

My aunt burned the family house down when she was a little girl with a candle in the closet.

Now I guess I'll have to start packing a fire extinguisher along with the duct tape, bungie cord, power strip, over the door shoe holder.....it just goes on and on.

On iour recent cruise we used the glade candles. The room always smelled nice and I had the candle glow!

Think about this just for a minute. 3000 people on a large cruise ship and they all have candles in their room. Are you scared? I would be. Use the fake ones like HockeyMom did

Please, no candles. Its a recipe for death on a cruise ship.

thanks for the replys, and for the ones who thought it was a 'stupid' question......my father just died 2 months ago and i want to go the the ships chapel, and since it is my FIRST cruise, i didn't know if they had candles to light for 'loved ones' like in a regular church.............now i know.

When I cruise, I like to bring a plug in tart burner and I get spa scented tarts so the room smells good and is relaxing...it is a night light and electric tart burner in one. I also have bought flameless electric candles in the past too...look like candles without the flame...they have electric silicone bulbs that look like a flame. They are super cute!

My sincere condolences on the loss of your father. My step dad passed 3 days before our cruise 2 weeks ago. I can understand how you feel. Yes.. We did cruise. Dad insisted on it before he passed.:o

Please don't feel embarrassed to admit that you cruised. Your stepdad obviously wanted you to live life and celebrate it. It's possible to mourn the loss of someone you love and still rejoice in the fact that he or she was a part of your life. What do you want to bet that he was there with you in spirit and giving you his blessing? From what you've written, I'd bet he was.

My condolences. I empathize and know how hard it is to lose a parent.

beachchick

Cigarette eyed as cause of cruise blaze

1 person dead, 11 injured; passengers reimbursed for transportation home

PICT0008.h2.jpg

That is why FLAMES of any kind are not a really good idea on a ship.

1 dies, 11 injured and 100s have a crappy holiday. It could have been worse thats the scary part. Fires on cruise ships scare most more than a big wave I would think!!

the chapel candle would be for my dad........

My mother used to light one at church every time we went on a cruise. I guess it worked, we're still here and planning the next cruise.

My MIL died a week and a half before one of our cruises. She was very ill and told us a month before that she wanted to die on a Thursday and be buried on Saturday so us kids would not miss a lot of work. She died on a Thursday, we buried her on Saturday.

rmlf1..... If you go to the QVC.com site they even have the little votive type battery candles like the ones you would light in a catholic church. I think they come in sets of six or so. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived