What kind of food is served in the Cafe Promenade?

dixie54

They always have pizza- mostly regular and pepperoni, I havent seen others but I guess there must be since others mentioned there are many.

They do not have salads and the sandwiches are always DELISH and always changing. You will find anything from shrimp to turkey to mozzerella and roasted pepper to sliced egg. They are not deli- sandwiches, they are usually on a croissant or something finger-like. They also have cake and pastries and cookies and everything is served to you over the counter- it isnt buffet. You can get regular coffee or specialty coffee ($$), and you can also buy Ben & Jerry's at the Cafe. They are opened until 3AM!

Sandwiches are pre-made and there are usually 2 - 3 types a day. You must take them just as they are. They have packets of condiments on the side (mayo, mustard, etc.).

The desserts are very impressive, cakes, tortes, pies and several kinds of cookies!! YUM-O

We are just back from Enchantment and we really missed not having a Cafe Promenade!

We love the sandwiches and pastries! It's great for lunch, or just for a snack. We always do late dining, and on sea days, we like to grab something quick to tide us over until dinner.

I didn't care for their lattes. Not as good a Starbucks, but everything else is wonderful.

The types of sandwiches and desserts vary throughout the day. We like a cup of tea/coffee and dessert on our balcony in the evening so have gotten into the habit of checking their desserts during the day. If they have something we especially enjoy, we get it and put it in the fridge to have later.

I love their sandwiches. While they don't make them to order, they do make them continuously throughout the day, so they are pretty fresh. The fillings are interesting, like grilled veggies or prosciutto and brie, and on rye bread, croissants, etc. The desserts are usually really really good too. I remember walnut pie, cheesecake, cream puffs... mmmm.

Suzanne

I have to say this last trip on Mariner - I really wasn't impressed with the sandwiches. The ones we saw and tried were the roll or croissant, a stingy slice of meat and a spot of cheese. We took several and combined the meat/cheese into one roll just to have more than just the bread.

If you like egg salad, try the egg salad sandwich. It is sometimes only available on the first day and not seen again. We love the Cafe Promenade!

When does the Cafe open on the first day? My dd loves egg salad and that would just be a terrific start to our EX cruise in 2 weeks. :D

I have to say this last trip on Mariner - I really wasn't impressed with the sandwiches. The ones we saw and tried were the roll or croissant, a stingy slice of meat and a spot of cheese. We took several and combined the meat/cheese into one roll just to have more than just the bread.

Hmmm. That's strange. I had to take some of the deli meat off because it was piled so thick. Maybe they has a shortage that week?

In terms of pub grub- there really isn't a place on the Voyager class ships. However, in the afternoons (about 3-5 pm) the windjammer has make-your-own nachos, scones and stuff like that.

It would have been nice to have some pub grub at the pub but we just picked up pizza or sandwiches at the PR Cafe and took it to the pub with us. Not quite the same but it did the trick:)

On the Radiance class ships the Seaview Cafe has chicken wings and fingers, chili, corn chips etc.

Archived