Completely Depressed & Frustrated...HELP!

Brenda33

Basically they included the sauna as part of my plan without extra payment. I have to use the sauna 2 times per week (at least) and workout at least 3 times. All this for 12 weeks....They are watching weight loss, etc. Its really a promotion to get clients I believe, but I enjoy the sauna.

I like the sauna too, I just need a nap after I'm out!

We were at the park again at 6am, it was so cool and breezy. I had to walk up this huge hill backwards 4x, then run up it 4x. Last night I couldn't even stand up out of the chair my butt hurt so bad and the back of my legs. I haven't change my diet too much but I already dropped a size from the jeans I bought last week. But I'm hungry alot it seems so I am trying to eat more protein. The mason is coming to finsih my bbq fireplace for my patio and I really want to grill some fish this weekend.

Basically they included the sauna as part of my plan without extra payment. I have to use the sauna 2 times per week (at least) and workout at least 3 times. All this for 12 weeks....They are watching weight loss, etc. Its really a promotion to get clients I believe, but I enjoy the sauna.

Menina,

I hear ya on the butt thing. My butt and thighs are killing me today after my class!!! I am happy though because that means I really did something.

One thing about the sauna......I don't sweat. Its a mystery.

I haven't been in a sauna in ages, but I do remember that I didn't sweat either. Something about the dry heat I guess?

So have you tried the cardio machines yet?

Yes, I have tried the treadmill and the eliptical. I like the treadmill and its funny because the trainer keeps making it harder. LOL.......but the eliptical is not really comfortable for me yet....but I am trying to get used to it. Today I am planning on doing the treadmill for as long as I can......before my appt. I am so sore from yesterday that I can hardly move!!!! I wonder, how do you workout when you are so sore from the day before?

Yes, I have tried the treadmill and the eliptical. I like the treadmill and its funny because the trainer keeps making it harder. LOL.......but the eliptical is not really comfortable for me yet....but I am trying to get used to it. Today I am planning on doing the treadmill for as long as I can......before my appt. I am so sore from yesterday that I can hardly move!!!! I wonder, how do you workout when you are so sore from the day before?

You work out different muscles. Don't be doing the same things 2 days in a row (except for abs - I have no problem doing them every day - supposedly they recover quicker but YMMV ).

The elliptical does take some getting used to....hopefully they have the good ones - (the Precor EFX I think)....but keep at it and soon it will be second nature to you. Work at longer times rather than higher intensity to start out. You want to be able to do a straight 30 min of cardio - no matter what machine you are on. Once you get the stamina for that, then work up the intensity level, or speed.

YIPPEE!!! Something must be working!!! I weighed myself on the gym scale. I was weighed on Wednesday and again today. I lost 1.2 pounds. I know its not alot, but still!!! I haven't been having weight loss luck lately. Bad news, I tried the Synergie Cellulite treatment.....I got huge bruises on my thighs.....GREAT!! I only have 15 days til my cruise. I wonder how long bruises take to go away. UGGGHHHHH Oh, I did 31 minutes on the treadmill today. My heart was pumping!!!

You are so right about that. That's why you see the same people in the gym month after month and their bodies never look different. I hate the stairmaster but my trainer wants me to use it on the days we don't go to the park.

I think this is why my body is changing so rapidly, because every day at this park we are doing so many different things. He brings bands and free weights, too, and I think this routine is what works for me, the variation. We didn't work out today but I still went alone and did the hill walking thing. The jeans I bought last week are falling off I think I went down a size without changing much in my diet.

I have family visiting for a few days, then I leave on Thu for Jamaica. Oh I can't wait..my MIL keeps telling me about this "milk bath", some sort of natural water thing. I think I'll just sit and soak in that the entire time LOL

You work out different muscles. Don't be doing the same things 2 days in a row (except for abs - I have no problem doing them every day - supposedly they recover quicker but YMMV ).

The elliptical does take some getting used to....hopefully they have the good ones - (the Precor EFX I think)....but keep at it and soon it will be second nature to you. Work at longer times rather than higher intensity to start out. You want to be able to do a straight 30 min of cardio - no matter what machine you are on. Once you get the stamina for that, then work up the intensity level, or speed.

Brenda, how bad are they? You have a couple of weeks before you leave. They should be gone by then. I have one on my arm from a blood draw on Monday. I noticed the bruise on Wed. and today it is a lot lighter.

I hope you have a wonderful trip! We sail on 11/30, it can't get here soon enough!

kelly

Kelly, The bruises are very bad. My left side is the worst. They start at the bottom of my back/top of my butt and travel down my outer thigh. Basically, its like a giant hickey. I don't see them going away and I am gonna be a freak (lol) on vacation. UGGGHHHH!!

Thank you Kelly. This is exactly what I was thinking....worked so hard and now its for null....UGGGHHHHH!!! Anyhow, yes, it does happen, but only to a rare few....yeah I'm the lucky one. I am going to go rub myself with vinegar. This apparently is supposed to help. I smell like a giant salad.

I think that I am going to be the person who does not do any exercise on vacation, and I guess I do still think this, however, I am dreaming in my sleep what my trainer says......."Brenda, just give me 30 minutes every other day....." Why on earth am I having these dreams???!!!!!!!!

Brenda, it could be worse...it could be me in your dreams telling you this! That'd be your worst nightmare LOL :)

I think that I am going to be the person who does not do any exercise on vacation, and I guess I do still think this, however, I am dreaming in my sleep what my trainer says......."Brenda, just give me 30 minutes every other day....." Why on earth am I having these dreams???!!!!!!!!

Actually, you'll have plenty of company! :p For me, if I had access to cardio machines, I would use them. Either that, or use the running deck. It just drives me nuts to not be able to do some kind of a workout for more than a couple of days.

That said, I ended up taking my running gear with me to Europe this summer, foolishly thinking that I would get in some early morning runs - HA!! :rolleyes: It was everything I could do to get in 8 hours of sleep, and we were off early every morning as we had so many things we wanted to see and do. But, we walked between 5 and 12 miles a day, so, the reality is, I got in some exercise, just not cardio, except for climbing the Eiffel Tower, and the Arc de Triomphe - those definitely were cardio!!! Whew!! :)

I will be the person not exercising. It's vacation I want to stay up late & sleep in if I want, eat what I want, drink what I want and not feel quilty. I don't care if I gain a few. When I come home I will go right back into my routine of eating good most days and exercising. I do alot of walking on the ship and in ports, taking the stairs, snorkeling. Only 41 more days!! It is going to feel so good!

kelly

Defintely each to his own on this one....

I go the Kelly route, do not find my way to the gym on a cruise, dont worry about what I eat. If I see something on the menu or the buffet that peaks my interest I have it, calories are not on my mind at all.... Of course, I dont have dessert just to have it, it must interest me, but LOL, it usually does!!

Sometimes I come home a few pounds heavier sometimes not, I dont care. When I get home I am back to routine as normal and if I gained a few pounds they come off pretty easy.... One week or so will not break otherwise long term habits.

Others however find it really enjoyable to exercise while at sea, I just happen to not be one of them!!

Smooth, aren't you due in my neck of the woods soon?

We are supposed to do some hiking while I am in Jamaica. But this "milk river bath"my MIL is talking about sounds like good enough exercise to me. My extended family are teetotalers and I'm not a big drinker (don't practice enough..ha) so I dont think I'll have a problem. I am excited about buying spices to bring home for cooking.

Defintely each to his own on this one....

I go the Kelly route, do not find my way to the gym on a cruise, dont worry about what I eat. If I see something on the menu or the buffet that peaks my interest I have it, calories are not on my mind at all.... Of course, I dont have dessert just to have it, it must interest me, but LOL, it usually does!!

Sometimes I come home a few pounds heavier sometimes not, I dont care. When I get home I am back to routine as normal and if I gained a few pounds they come off pretty easy.... One week or so will not break otherwise long term habits.

Others however find it really enjoyable to exercise while at sea, I just happen to not be one of them!!

I'm like Happy. I was in Green Bay for a wedding this weekend. My dad and I did a 3 mile walk both Sat and Sun, but I still don't feel like I got in my work out. It's better than nothing, but on normal weekend days, I'm in the gym for 2 hours each day - an hour of cardio and and hour of weights. Guess I'll have to modify tomorrow's workout to make up for it.

When I'm on vacation, I keep to my regular workout schedule - every day but Friday. I may not go as long, but I need to do something. And I take the stairs everywhere - don't get on the elevators except when first boarding when I have my carry-on since I can't get to my room yet. Since I'm on Riviera on my upcoming B2B, I'll be getting in a lot of exercise.

This is going to be a busy week for me as I'm pretty much out of the office for two weeks after this one. I have a big meeting on Tuesday, so tomorrow it's a final run-through with my boss. Have an all day meeting on Wed, some meetings on Thursday, and then tying up loose ends and doing the work resulting from Tuesday's meeting (though that's already 99% done assuming everything gets approved). Then over the weekend, my best friend is coming to town, so we're going out Friday. Saturday, I have to go vote and renew both my vehicle stickers and driver's license. My parents are also coming to town, so I'm going up to my sister's for that. I have business trip on the 27th and 28th. I am going to the office for part of the day on the 29th, but it's going to be kind of crazy. I fly out the 29th, and board the ship on the 30th! I have most of my stuff lying on my loveseat - I'll be packing bit by bit this week. I normally don't do that - I'm normally a night before packer - but given my schedule, I need to do things a little differently.

I did the eliptical today. I did 30 minutes. I could feel I got a fabulous workout. After this I did the circuit training, and then the sauna. I spent 3 hours and 10 minutes at the gym today!:eek: After that I picked up my Arnica gel that I ordered from the pharmacy. Its supposed to help get rid of bruising faster. I pray it works....I look like a badly beaten woman.

I did the eliptical today. I did 30 minutes. I could feel I got a fabulous workout. After this I did the circuit training, and then the sauna. I spent 3 hours and 10 minutes at the gym today!:eek:

Woo hoo girl!! Didn't that feel wunnerful???

After that I picked up my Arnica gel that I ordered from the pharmacy. Its supposed to help get rid of bruising faster. I pray it works....I look like a badly beaten woman.

Hope it works!!! That therapy sounds like the devil!

Brenda: If you have a pure aloe plant, break a leaf open and rub it over the bruise...massage it in. That works well.

I'm exhausted.we leave for Jamaica tomrorow night!

I did the eliptical today. I did 30 minutes. I could feel I got a fabulous workout. After this I did the circuit training, and then the sauna. I spent 3 hours and 10 minutes at the gym today!:eek: After that I picked up my Arnica gel that I ordered from the pharmacy. Its supposed to help get rid of bruising faster. I pray it works....I look like a badly beaten woman.

Archived