Connection Party

psblin99

We always attend the Cruise Critic Connection party. It is usually held on a sea day...in the morning around 10 a.m. It's basically a get-together, where you can meet other Cruise Critic members. Celebrity supplies coffee, tea and pastries. On our last cruise in Sept., there were over 150 that attended.

The structure has varied quite a bit. Some are very unstructured and have consisted of not much more than a place to meet and introduce yourself to the person sitting next to you. But usually there will be the Cruise Director, assistant cruise director or another staff there that will do a little talk and go around the room getting people to introduce themselves. Sometimes these turn into interesting Q&A sessions with the cruise director or an officer. A couple times just as good conversations were developing the ship photographer came in and lined everyone up for a group photo and afterward everyone just left. I doubt they sell many of those photos anyways at the prices they charge.

On our last cruise on the Summit, we had a good roll call prior to sailing, with many of us joining each other on excursions etc. I know I was really looking forward to our CC get together. As it happens Celebrity did not have anyone attend , which I found disappointing on a 14 night cruise ! however they did supply coffee etc, thankfully our group was delightful and didn't require their assistance!

One of our party was a seasoned cruiser and she also arranged for us all to have lunch together in the dining room towards the end of our cruise, which was lovely to be able to share our thoughts on the cruise etc and say our 'Goodbyes'

As I said earlier I enjoyed our CC meeting, but was disappointed in the 'no show' from any crew member.

My advice is to go along , who knows you might be as lucky as us and make some new friends (we are cruising with 4 of them to Alaska)

Enjoy.

Happycruzer

Hi,:) every sailing is different. I have attended quite a few of them

and overall I would give them a thumbs up. Some better than

others but it is something that is for us, the cruisers who chat

on this site.

Not everyone attends, depending on the time of day.

Sometimes the CD attends, or the Asst CD. Coffee, juice,

danish, etc can be served (though not always). I have been

to a few where the ship's photographer took a group picture

while other times no photo was taken.

So they do vary. But it is a nice way to meet other Cruise

Critic people:)

Archived