International Cafe on Crown?

boatcrazy52

Can anyone tell me what is available at the International Cafe and what is free and what is an extra charge? Is this the place to get the best coffee?

Pastries and such are available at no cost. In the afternoon they have various sandwiches, or "panini" and salads at no cost. The things that cost are chocolate covered strawberries, some other cakes that i don't remember and tapas in the evening. It is clearly marked. There was so much offered at no extra cost that I never bothered to buy anything except the coffee. Which, IMO was the best place for coffee on the ship.:)

They have donuts in the morning, cookies all day and night, sandwiches in the afternoon, fruit in the afternoon and various other pastries which are all free. You can purchase chocolate covered strawberries and gelato as well. It is also the best place to pick up a coffee and just sit and relax.

We took our first cruise ever on the Crown in October. It took us about a day to discover that not only did the International Cafe have the best coffee on board, but it also had great croissants and breakfast pastries in the morning. Great sandwiches and salads (try the chicken salad with cashews!) at lunch and cakes, tortes and freshly made warm cookies the rest of the day. Also, when we were there Margarita and Roberto made the best Margaritas on board.

I wish I was back on the Emerald drinking coffee and having something to eat in the International Cafe.lol

If you enjoy "good" coffee, be sure to purchase a coffee card. They cost about $25 and are good for 12 or 15 specialty coffees and all the freshly brewed coffee you want.

sue

I wish I was back on the Emerald drinking coffee and having something to eat in the International Cafe.lol

If you enjoy "good" coffee, be sure to purchase a coffee card. They cost about $25 and are good for 12 or 15 specialty coffees and all the freshly brewed coffee you want.

sue

Good coffee is a must for me and DH. Again, thanks for the heads up.

(Oh, so is gelato)...:p

We took our first cruise ever on the Crown in October. It took us about a day to discover that not only did the International Cafe have the best coffee on board, but it also had great croissants and breakfast pastries in the morning. Great sandwiches and salads (try the chicken salad with cashews!) at lunch and cakes, tortes and freshly made warm cookies the rest of the day. Also, when we were there Margarita and Roberto made the best Margaritas on board.

I never went but my friends in my group LOVED this place! They pretty much said what you wrote in your post.

Be sure to try the gelato at Int'l Café -- 3 large scoops for $1.50, quite a few flavors are made fresh each day. Get 3 different scoops to try several flavors at a time. YUM! :D

Oh no - there goes the cruise tab. When we were in Italy last summer my son had to have a Gelato every day.

Sounds like a great addition to the Princess ships

Loved it. They had great sandwiches and salads and antipasto (marinated mushrooms, olives, shrimps, roasted red pepper etc) at lunch. Gelato also available w/ 2 scoops for $1.00 (not advertised but available). Tapas in evenings which was either $3 or $5 (can't remember which) for 3 pieces (stuff like 1 bone piece of rack of lamb, large shrimp, etc). As far as I could see, all pastries and amazing cakes were free. Just across from there was the Wine Bar with sushi and seafood at $1.00 a piece, with fantastic wines (or regular drinks for non wine lovers) from $8.00 to $14/glass and flights of wine starting at $9. Loved both!

Archived