Lunch in the main dining room

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

No assigned tables during breakfast & lunch...You walk in & wait to Be Seated... as a matter of fact, your dining room may not be the dining room assigned for lunch.(When you board the ship Look in your daily Carnival Caper & it will tell you which dining room will host breakfast & lunch.)

I've only been on the Imagination & Ecstasy & all but (1) of those cruises was lunch served in our assigned dining room.

It's been a long time since I've cruised on a Carnival ship. It seems that years ago, along with the assigned dinner time, there was also an assigned breakfast time. This thread references "open seating" for breakfast and lunch. Does that mean that now breakfast on CCL is more like NCL where we can just walk into the dining room during a two-hour window (for example) and eat?

I prefer the sit down breakfast meal, instead of going through a buffet line. As "mommy," a buffet is a lot of work for me, because I have to help our two younger children with all of their things, too. For me, it just feels like I'm doing most of the same work I would be doing at home during the breakfast meal, and I like the "being served" aspect of the sit-down dining room.

It's been a long time since I've cruised on a Carnival ship. It seems that years ago, along with the assigned dinner time, there was also an assigned breakfast time. This thread references "open seating" for breakfast and lunch. Does that mean that now breakfast on CCL is more like NCL where we can just walk into the dining room during a two-hour window (for example) and eat?

I prefer the sit down breakfast meal, instead of going through a buffet line. As "mommy," a buffet is a lot of work for me, because I have to help our two younger children with all of their things, too. For me, it just feels like I'm doing most of the same work I would be doing at home during the breakfast meal, and I like the "being served" aspect of the sit-down dining room.

That is what it means.

In my early years of cruising, all meals in the dining room were at your assigned table. Changed quite a few years back. Now a waiter seats you w/others.

However - Sometimes for b'fast, I'm not up to chitchat, and ask if I can have a table alone...and my request has been granted....several tables away from those already seated.

I agree with you-when I am on vacation, I want to be served a sit down meal. The buffet is good if you want a quick bite to eat but the dining room is very enjoyable and relaxing before you are rushing off to various ports or activities. And generally to food is very good.

2 cruises ago we "discovered" lunch in the dining room. Much prefer it over the buffet. It is a delightful experience, and, imho, the food is much better. It was very relaxing. Give it a try - the food choices are pretty good, and different each day.

Do I remember correctly that in the dining rooms, you can get cappuccinofree? This includes breakfast and lunch, right?

Anyway, my dh and I prefer to eat breakfast in the dining room, it's a great way to slowly start your day without having to fight 200+ of your closest friends over the last piece of fruit.

We didn't notice the open seating at lunch (although, looking back at our capers, it was there), but we enjoyed the fish-n-chips on sea days.

Have a great day to all of you cc'ers!

We love to do lunch in the dining room on a few of the sea days. It is a nice quiet break from the hustle and bustle up on the Lido Deck. Also you may have your same waiter for lunch and the atmosphere is much more relaxed and I find the waiters more friendly at lunch and open to chat.

Lunch in the dining room is the best! I loved the ribs, and the creat-a-burger was a fave of DH. We have been seated with others and a few times seated alone.

Breakfast is usually more crowded and we are usually seated with a group of others, but they have a daily breakfast special, (eggs florentine, and a few others)that is usually good and a chance to get something a little different.

Its great to be served, much better than juggling a plate, opps forgot to get the coffee, juice, etc....

;)

I've never been a fan of buffets, so breakfast and lunch in the dining room suits me too. On my cruises, I've often found that I'm actually not hungry at lunch time. A cooked breakfast and the four or five course evening meal are usually more than enough for me. I agree with the OP though, managing two little ones in a buffet line is not my idea of a vacation.

Archived