Finally! - Pics of CRANE BEACH, Barbados

Aplmac

As promised many many moons ago - last year,in fact..

Here are some current(9:30 this morning)

pics of Crane Beach, Barbados..

a setting involving pink sands and turquoise waters.

I've started an album to this effect, over at Facebook...

please click on...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28899&l=5aa48&id=682113168

I think your best bet for seeing large versions of these pics

is there...at my Facebook album.

Thanks for waiting so long..:o

CraneLunch-34.jpg.099452fd2dbf4694fba79bbe7688d18c.jpg

CranePinkSand-830.jpg.28ed3b37f46a5c27795e45ce3156e19e.jpg

Swimmer-20.jpg.add18df02b81959f7603b27ad1b33d79.jpg

1694889506_Longwaydown.jpg.d3535fab16d75559fc72a3bbae3895a3.jpg

Sold! Now, how do I get there? Gorgeous pictures, thanks so much for posting. Is this piece of heaven open to the public? Could you give me an idea of how long it would take to get there from the piers? Any idea on how much cab fare would be? Now that you have me drooling! Help, need more info!:D

aplmac:

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. The Crane looks gorgeous!

Are there any grocery/liquor stores or restaurants close to the Crane? I read that there isn't much close by to this resort. DH/I plan on visiting Barbados again in the future and was looking at two timeshare resorts. The Crane is one of them!:) Any information on what is close by to this resort would be greatly appreciated!

BTW.. Just wanted to say thank you for all the help you provided for my Dec. 2007 cruise!!

Sea ya!

aplmac:

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. The Crane looks gorgeous! ===> it is!

Are there any grocery/liquor stores or restaurants close to the Crane?

I read that there isn't much close by to this resort. ===> No, not much! sorry.

Any info on what is close by to this resort would be appreciated! ===> It's kinda Out There!

BTW.. thank you for all the help you provided for my Dec. 2007 cruise!! ===> Glad I could help!

If you spend any time on the island, at The Crane

you need to rent a car for your week here.

That way you can get around a bit, after you get bored with The Crane

(is that even possible??)...and pick up a few supplies here and there

when you go past supermarkets in other parts of the island as you travel around.

Crane is isolated, but we noticed a block of what-will-be-shops going up

when we were there this morning -no doubt over-priced to the max.!

Check that Facebook photo album again...

I just put up another 4 or 5 pics.!

Crane-836.jpg.184a332215d5d87fbebafb8061f3821c.jpg

CranePool-851.jpg.182ea16c6e6f9d3eff168036837b87da.jpg

Thanks so much! Sorry, I should have done a search first before posting my question...my only defense is the pics were so beautiful I lost my mind for a bit! Thanks again!

Hi Aplmac,

Your photos of Crane have me drooling! My husband and I are going to back in Barbados in December. We've already booked Cameron Reid to show us some more of the sites, but I'm wondering whether we might have lunch at Crane? Do you have any idea how much it would cost? And would we have to pay to $25 to look around and walk on the beach? It looks like the most glorious place--I'd love to go there. Thank you for posting those fabulous pictures.:)

GG

Hi Aplmac,

Your photos of Crane have me drooling! ===>:D

My husband and I are going to back in Barbados in December.

We've already booked Cameron Reid to show us some more of the sites,

but I'm wondering whether we might have lunch at Crane?

Do you have any idea how much it would cost? ===> Depends on what you order.

And would we have to pay to $25 to look around and walk on the beach? It looks like the most glorious place--I'd love to go there. Thank you for posting those fabulous pictures.:)

GG

As I recall..

the lady on the phone told me that the Bds.$25 day pass

gave you beach access, a chair, towel etc.

and was refundable at the bar and restaurant!

- so you might consider that when you go there

(if you want to take a quick swim,whatever).

If you're just stopping for awhile, and for lunch,

I don't think the $25 day pass will apply. Think.

Just today a lady colleague of mine was saying

how she found Crane quite reasonably priced for lunch,

depending on what you ordered.

Plus my wife had lunch there the other day

and gave good reports. Not terribly expensive

and prices on the menu are in Barbados Dollars which is half-a-U.S.Dollar.

i.e. if your bill comes to Bds.$100 that's the same as US$50.

You could do worse than stopping for lunch at the Crane

with that awesome view.

CranePinkSand-817.jpg.62704fb2bc903fb40c8eae3375a521d5.jpg

Hi, Aplmac, and thanks for your swift reply! It surely will be difficult to wait until late December to see that gorgeous Crane resort and beach! I am wondering if it would be wise to try to make a lunch reservation?

I am also wondering if you have any idea how we might get a photo of the bell at St. James Parish Church. If someone could send one with a high enough resolution to print 4X6, we'd really appreciate it. When we were there last December, I took a picture of it, but then could not print it as I'd hit some wrong dial by mistake. Such a beautiful church--we have lots of photos of it--and we'd so like to have a separate photo of the historic engraved bell. Thank you for any help you might be. :)

GG

GG, try this link for the bell picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stowegarth/2217864667/

Thank you so much, Ming. Alas, I was unable to order prints from this in any size - - I wanted 4 X 6 - - but it lacks the sufficient resolution. I do not know what to do to be able to get a print from this. :confused:

You are such a dear to try to help me. I do appreciate it. :)

GG

GG...

With the link open and the picture of the bell on the screen, look to the upper left just above the picture. You'll see in tiny letters: 'all sizes' with a mag glass.

Click on that and it will open the bell picture with 3 or 4 choices of sizes.

Choose medium (422 x 500) and that will yeild a print of 4-1/2" x 5-1/4".

Put your cursor on the medium print, right click and choose 'print'. Select the color printer that you have and the print will be forthcoming (did I spell that right?).

Let me know if that works for you. :)

Hi Ming,

I've tried & tried, but every time I download it and try to have it professionally printed, the three red squares appear, telling me that it won't print any size. I've downloaded medium & original, but no luck with either. I wanted to have a 4 X 6 professional print made for my cruise photo album. Usually I can go the photo shop's website, "send" them a photo from my computer, and they can print it for me, not this time. :confused:

You're really special to try to help me out. It was a perfectly wonderful photo, one I'd love to have, but it just didn't work for me. Thank you so much for trying so hard to help me out. :)

GG

• 2 weeks later...

Actually not true. You can walk through the property to get to the beach. All beaches are free in Barbados. ALL FREE. Don't let them schmooze you into renting chairs having your cash "reimbursed" at the bar if you're not interested.

Rohan

Actually not true. You can walk through the property to get to the beach. All beaches are free in Barbados. ALL FREE. Don't let them schmooze you into renting chairs having your cash "reimbursed" at the bar if you're not interested.

Rohan

Please be careful how you advise tourists to walk thru private property.

Indeed all beaches in Barbados are public up to the high-water mark.

How you access that shoreline up to the high-water mark is another matter.

No-one can stop you approaching from the seaward side (in a boat? swim around the point?)

from landing on the beach ...from walking that beach..

..as long as you go no further up the beach than.. the high-water mark!

This does not translate automagically into "all sandy beach-area is mine"

as portrayed by Gabby's famous/infamous calypso of some years ago

although the strict matter of hi-water mark is rarely enforced.

You cannot barge your way thru my or Crane's private property

in order to access your narrow strip of 'free' beach!

Crane's fabulous beach can indeed be accessed without going thru Crane Hotel's property

but you'll need to go down Boxill's Rd. to the N-East

and then clamber over some fairly nasty rocks.:eek:

be careful - on both counts. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think you've just convinced my fiance and I that this IS the place for our honeymoon! One word...STUNNING! Forget the idea of a 2 week honeymoon cruise...we're going back to Barbados! We absolutley fell in love with the island..not to mention he proposed to me on the island during our December cruise. It will make it that much more special to return & explore.

A big thank you for sharing your pictures:D

Aplmac, good point. I guess I'm a lil taken aback with the phenomenon of having to even pay for anything related to the beach....:-( We need Gabby to make another song.

I just want to get it out there that beaches are free in Barbados since I see so many folks asking questions like

"how much do I pay to get to Boatyard beach?"

I just want to scream, it's free, it's free....just find another route to the beach, and it's freeeeeeeeeeee haha

Points well taken though Aplmac.

• 2 weeks later...

The last time we went to Crane Beach, we asked the taxi driver to take us to the public access area of the beach. It is on the other end from the hotel....and you do have to clamor over some rocks....but it's not too bad. There are chairs and umbrellas there for rental and you can buy beer on the beach. The surf is awesome, but quite rough. Another poster described the beach as "stunning" and that's the only word I would use to describe it also. The taxi driver came back to pick us up at a specified time. It was just a perfect day. Can't wait to go back!

As promised many many moons ago - last year,in fact..

Here are some current(9:30 this morning)

pics of Crane Beach, Barbados..

a setting involving pink sands and turquoise waters.

I've started an album to this effect, over at Facebook...

please click on...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28899&l=5aa48&id=682113168

I think your best bet for seeing large versions of these pics

is there...at my Facebook album.

Thanks for waiting so long..:o

David your photos are awesome. Love the pink sand & tourquoise waters.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Question for you, this might have been asked or answered already but I haven't read any other posts or threads here yet so here goes.

Is this beach a public beach? or do we have to stay at the resort to visit? Also is it near the Port in Bridgetown that RCCI will be docking at?

I would LOVE to visit, is there good snorkeling in the waters?

Thanks

I think I can answer some of your questions........David......correct me if I'm wrong.

Crane Beach is a public Beach.....you do not have to be a guest of the resort (which is absolutely fabulous, by the way) to use the beach.

It is NOT near the port......about a 40-45 minute taxi ride.....but well worth it.

The surf on that side of the island is huge, with a very strong undertow. The waves are fun to play in, but you'd better be careful. Sooooo......snorkeling will not be good there.

All we do is go to beaches on every island that we visit and we've been doing this for 23 years of cruising. This beach probably ranks number 1 on our list.

Archived