Statue of Liberty?

shygirl

How close of a view do the Staten Island ferry get compared to the cruise ship's view leaving from NYC pier? Last time on the DAWN, she was about five inches tall without binoculars. Just wondering if it was worth doing the ferry trip if there is not much difference.

Kathy- thanks for the picture of the ferry. At least I will know what I'm getting for free.;)

Budgetqueen- I agree about going there and getting the timed monument passes; but I am not sure if a couple of seniors and a 4 year old will find the lineups for security too long. We are going in March, so rain/snow/cold is a big factor.

It's definitely worth your time, if time allows, to see the Statue and Ellis Island. Both sites are included with the access pass. The ferry service drops you off at the Statue first and then based upon your length of time you wish to spend there, the ferries run continuously, taking you over to Ellis Island. A must see!

Allow a full day to see both sites and arrive at Battery Park early. There will be crowds. I believe you can pre-order your access passes on line so you won't have to stand in line.

Good luck.

Either one of these are pretty good bang for the buck. And not nearly as tiring as trying to get on the island itself. The two hour tour gives you a much more in depth look at the sights of NYC, including a VERY close look at the Statue. The shorter tour is only available on the weekends in March.

http://www.circleline42.com/index.ihtml?page=semicircle

http://www.circleline42.com/index.ihtml?page=liberty

Archived