25th anniversary - 2009!!!

happy flamingo

DH and I are thinking of Hawaii for our 25th anniversary next year. Any suggestions on cruise lines/ships? Where's the best port to leave from/return to? We've been on 3 carnival cruises so far - 4th one coming up in April this year. I definitely want to go to Maui but would love suggestions on other places to visit. Thanks for your help and advice.

Hi Happy, After much research, we decided on the 12 day one way repositioning cruise on the Carnival Spirit from Honolulu to Vancouver for our 30th anniv. Carnival only does this twice in the spring and twice in the fall. It has five days at sea ( to Vancouver) rather than the 8 days that the roundtrip cruises to Hawaii from California have.There is an overnight in Honolulu ,1 day on Kauai,2 days on Maui,2 on the BIg Island, for 7 days in the islands then on to Vancouver ,5 sea days,(to recover) :D. Good luck in your decision. This suited us best,I'm sure others have their favorite line and itenerary.

Hi Happy,

DH and I just did a Hawaiian cruise for our 25th anniversary in January.

Until this cruise, we had only cruised with Royal Carribean. We chose Pride of America/NCL because of the itinerary. We flew to Honolulu, got on the ship there. In my opinion, that was a great way to see the Hawaiian Islands. I don't mind one or two seadays during a cruise, but I don't think I want to be at sea for 5 days. We had a great time. It's just what you prefer, some people love sea days, while others don't. I'm sure you will have a great time and congratulations on 25 years!!:D

we did ncl pride of aloha in 2006 for our 25th and we would do it again. it is a great way to experience hawaii for the first time. we rented a car at each port, except kona, and explored on our own. with the right amount of planning, you can see everything and have a great time doing it. my only suggestion is to splurge (after all, it is your silver anniverary) and get a convertible. there is so much going on all around that it is worth it.

congratulations!!!

Hi Happy, my DW and I will be on Mercury March 2009 for our 25th anniversary. It leaves San Diego RT for 16 days and has the best of both worlds...5 days at sea each direction and several days, including Maui, in Hawaii. We have a great CC group already formed so come and join us if you can! Scott

Archived