proposal on ship in april

iggy38

I'd recommend chasing down the Cruise Director. The CD could probably come up with some pretty unique, wild, and public ideas that you could run with.

:eek: That is if you're sure she'll say Yes ;)

My second idea is Don't do it!!! you're both too young. I don't even know how old you are but you're still TOO young :D

I agree with klfrodo, the CD is the person to get on this one. I've seen them get the camera crew to film it in the middle of one the games on deck. I also read something on here about the CD got the guy up on stage during one of the talks and he proposed to her there. Either way it is a great thing to do - she will never forget a proposal like that!:D

Speaking from personal experience, my now-DH proposed when we boarded the Norwegian Dawn in 2006.

We went to our cabin and he asked me to sit for a moment "to relax" and he popped the question! :D

Neither of us are inclined to very public displays and it was absolutely perfect for us. Lots of happy tears and cell calls were made right after that (including taking pictures and sending that too - my hands were shaking so badly - as were his - that the poor concierge had to take the pictures) :eek: The guy walked in to a room of two people who just boarded a ship who were crying uncontrollably. The poor guy darned near had a heart attack!!! (I was wondering why DH "upgraded" us so fancy for that trip and had flowers and all sorts of a bar set up done...)

Our CC group found out the next morning (thanks to the conceirge aboard) and we had a heck of a good time as word spread. Different waiters sung to us during the trip - it was special.

However you decide to propose - it will be magical. That I can guarantee.

If I may - CONGRATULATIONS (in advance, of course)! :D

nice... I'm doing the same in 20 something days....

I want to have it taken with a picture....

was thinking about either doing it at the photo opp sessions...

the photog can have her face one way... like towards the wall. Then when shes not looking get down on one knee...

The photog can tell her to turn around instead...

you are down on one knee, she lights up , photog takes the pic...she can now show everyone how she got proposed to, not to mention always have a keepsake of it...

But my problem is she loves the top deck under the stars ...

so i'm going to try and arrange for the same thing to go down at night on the top deck. I'll post back and let you know how they work with me on this request... price and availabilty as far as what they'll do and won't do.

also some have done it during one of the shows ... the cd will usually always help out with this... its a great idea but my GF would kill me for having her on stage like that in front of everyone...( after she said yes anyway)

On my last cruise, the cruise director held this one man's ring. The CD said he was drawing from a bucket of tickets for a winner of a special prize. He called him up on stage, asked him who he was cruising with, and called her up also. The CD handed him the ring, he got down on one knee and proposed to her. This was pretty nice, but I think the perfect proposal would be up on deck under the moon and stars, listening to the ocean go by. Another idea, if your not to shy, go to karaoke, pick out a song to tell her how you feel about her. After you sing to her, get down on one knee. I bet the place would go crazy. Congratulations on which ever approach you choose. How can you go wrong on a cruise anyway!:)

On our Liberty cruise in December some guy hired a plane to pull a banner behind, asking if she would marry him (can't remember her name). The plane circled the ship several times during sail away. Never did find out who the couple was.

On my last cruise, the cruise director held this one man's ring. The CD said he was drawing from a bucket of tickets for a winner of a special prize. He called him up on stage, asked him who he was cruising with, and called her up also. The CD handed him the ring, he got down on one knee and proposed to her. This was pretty nice, but I think the perfect proposal would be up on deck under the moon and stars, listening to the ocean go by. Another idea, if your not to shy, go to karaoke, pick out a song to tell her how you feel about her. After you sing to her, get down on one knee. I bet the place would go crazy. Congratulations on which ever approach you choose. How can you go wrong on a cruise anyway!:)

I was going to suggest the same thing but OP might not be a karaoke singer. Even if you can't sing, its sure to be a hit.

I was on a Hawaiian cruise with Craig Morgan (country singer) and he was performing on stage when he asked his daughters' boyfriend to come up on stage to help him with words to a song. He handed him the mic. He proposed to Craigs daughter during the concert. It was great. I had a tear in my eye.

nice... I'm doing the same in 20 something days....

I want to have it taken with a picture....

was thinking about either doing it at the photo opp sessions...

the photog can have her face one way... like towards the wall. Then when shes not looking get down on one knee...

The photog can tell her to turn around instead...

you are down on one knee, she lights up , photog takes the pic...she can now show everyone how she got proposed to, not to mention always have a keepsake of it...

From a woman's point of view I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

Good luck and congratulations to all of you !!

I proposed to my now wife on a beach in the Bahamas. No pics, no big production.

It's still very memorable. In 06 we took a cruise for our 10th anniversary and went back. My how things changed!

one way or another it will be memorable. It's your choice on how public you want it to be.

thanks for all the responses and ideas. My girlfriend would kill me if I brought her on stage. She would not want a real public display but I still want to get pictures. Well I just gotta hope my ring comes in on time for my cruise in april. It is also both of our first cruises(Legend)!!

I proposed to Kerry last April on our first cruise.

I did it during the the 2nd formal night photos, I just thought it would be a good chance to get a great photo of the occasion. I talked to the photographer before hand , and it worked out very well.

I actually bought the ring in port at Grand Cayman. It was from a store that is based in the US, but I ended up saving over 2grand, and she loves her ring.

I'm not sure what your girlfriend would like but here is what I would like. I suggest doing it at one of the ports. Maybe on the beach or finding a romantic spot by yourselves. I also liked the idea of on the top deck under the stars or maybe during a pretty sunset. It all depends if your girlfriend would like something public or private. Congrats and good luck! :)

I like the idea of asking her during dinner on one of the formal nights. That way you can arrange for the photographer to be there without her guessing something is going on. If you are at a large table you will have people to celebrate with you without having a big crazy production. You might even be able to arrange to have the ring delivered with dessert.:) Congratulations you will have a cruise you will never forget.

This is how its done guys lol: In July we were on the Glory. My now fiance proposed to me shortly after our first formal night. We were all dressed up, he had on his army dress uniform and me in my cocktail dress. The sun was setting in the background & it was perfect. Both of our moms knew about it so we have pictures of the event. It was very romantic!! It was perfect!

My now son in law proposed to my daughter on the first night of a cruise. We had a group and she was told that we were all meeting in the atrium for a group photo. As we sat and waited, he was the last to show up, he made his entrance by coming down the atrium stairs all dressed up...it was priceless. He walked up, she was in shock and he professed his love for her and asked for her hand in marriage. I was a moment that none of us will forget. We were happy to be a part of it and there were many camera's flashing...

On both of our cruises during dinner on one of the formal nights there were people being proposed to. They did their song and dance and then gave the mic to the man proposing...we couldn't see much because they were upstairs and we were downstairs but it was nice and of course DH got smacked by me lol because he is the least romantic person I know and I didn't get a proposal nearly as nice as that! LOL!

Good Luck! No matter how you do it, it will be memorable for her!

All fabulous fun ideas.... To the OP: I wouldn't recommend a public proposal unless you are 200% SURE that she'd absolutely love it. Make that 500% sure.

I dreamed of my proposal as a very private moment, just between the two of us, and that's how it happened. If DH had proposed to me on a stage, or at a karaoke bar, or at a table full of strangers with photographers hovering -- well, it would not have been the proposal of my dreams.

I tried to suggest ideas for my brother for our upcoming cruise (his gf's first cruise and first big vacation), but he thinks shes expecting it so hes gonna wait...

Anyways... he wanted an occassion where he could be dressed up in a suit/tux, but figured if he ever did that she would know. My suggestion was for him to do it on a formal night on the cruise. She said she didnt want a lot of people around during it. My idea was to have the room made up a little early, like as they had a drink or two before dinner. I told him he should put the ring on a chain and have the CD (or whoever would be responsible for it) put it around the neck of the towel animal that night... and also do rose petals and roses around the room. He could say he forgot his camera, or s&s card or whatever, and ask if she could go back to the room to get it. He could follow behind her, and after she opens the door he could come in behind her. The idea was that she could have her private moment, but then they could go get their formal pictures taken afterwards, with the ring in the picture. I thought it was cute.

We had a couple who's table was next to us on our last cruise. On an excursion of the ruins he proposed to her on top of one of the temples... and then we took pictures for them afterwards. It was cute.

My sister got engaged a few years back on a Carnival cruise. My brother-in-law doesn't like big hooplas so he did it at dinner with us four. He asked the waiter to put the ring on a plate underneath one of those metal domes. The waiter brought it over to the table and removed the lid and sitting there was her diamond. She was thrilled.

On our 1st anniversary at the past guest party we saw a proposal happen. I don't know if it was planned between the CD and the man but I know the captain didn't seem to know about it. The CD called this man up for a gift that he had won. Then the man called his girl friend up and asked for her hand in marriage. This happen at the past guest party.

My husband just proposed to me at a nice "quite" restaurant in (Victorary ? spelling) Canada. He asked around for a nice restaurant. My husband doesn't like to make a big deal about having the whole world know. And frankly to me that was just as great if he had made a big deal.. Frankly any thing you do I"m sure will be great and you will think about years later. I know I still do.

All fabulous fun ideas.... To the OP: I wouldn't recommend a public proposal unless you are 200% SURE that she'd absolutely love it. Make that 500% sure.

Iggy, buddy, don't listen to all these other people. I have the BEST idea of them all!

First, borrow the Funship Freddy costume.

Then when your lady friend is trying to relax by the pool, start pestering her. You know, like a Mime in the park might do.

Then when she's about 2 seconds away from throwing you overboard, pull off the head and propose to her in front the entire ship!

Seriously, she'll love it. Trust me on this, if there's one thing RBF knows about, it's chicks.

:)

Iggy, buddy, don't listen to all these other people. I have the BEST idea of them all!

First, borrow the Funship Freddy costume.

Then when your lady friend is trying to relax by the pool, start pestering her. You know, like a Mime in the park might do.

Then when she's about 2 seconds away from throwing you overboard, pull off the head and propose to her in front the entire ship!

Seriously, she'll love it. Trust me on this, if there's one thing RBF knows about, it's chicks.

:)

HAHA maybe I will use that one.. will see.

Archived