Giving Tips to the AO staff

esttea

We have rarely tipped the kids' program staff because they are advertised by all the cruiselines as "professional" staff, with degrees in education. They are not the same as regular land-based summer camp counselors, (who are traditionally high school/college students). That being said, if you are inclined to tip, I am sure it would be accepted, (but this is very different from being expected).

Enjoy your cruise!

We just got off Voyager and we tipped them $50 because our loved his time there so much, but we never felt obligated in any way to do so. We felt the service we received from AO was far better than the service we received from any other group on Voyager.

• 1 month later...

Funny!!! I was just trying to remember what I did when I was on the Glory 2 yrs ago, then hubby reminded YES we tipped!!!!! Of course I was already on this site looking for an answer:p :p ...I tipped them $50 that time b/c I felt as though we got exceptional service. It was my son's 1st time in a structured enviornment (he had in-home day care by his grandmother) so it's not like he had the benefit of going to day-care & could adjust....I thought the staff did a great job helping ease into the situation & then we couldn't get him to leave...We had a few bumps but they were helpful & I appreciated it. I figure we tip everyone else why not those who are caring for are most precious cargo!!!!! I intend to tip AO staff if all goes as expected and I also anticipate this to go more smootly...My son is now 2 years wiser;) goes to pre-school & is already talking about the pirate parade!!!! what will I tip? probably depends on how much he is there & the service but more than likely at least $50....

Our first cruise using the kids club we didn't tip anything, not because there was bad service, we just didn't think about it. This last time we had 2 children in the same age group and the kids went every night. We gave $50 at the end of the 7 day cruise.

Archived