Just back from Southern Itinerary, want a great day, try this beach!

canadiancruisers11

Tried to work on the pics today, I'll post it here and hope it works
I just had a look at these photos today and have never seen such a happy family - it looked like you were having the very best time! Congrats on a great cruise and thank you for sharing these fabulous photos; I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Richard,

By all means you are welcome, I think we all go on cruises for the same reason...It satisfies everything that everyone in the family wants to do...Everyone wins! I'm glad everyone likes the pics and the tips, it's good to see other people having a great day there...Paradise found!

Newts

Just returned from Adventure of the Seas cruise (4/20-27). We loved Kontiki Beach and thought that it was much nicer than Palm Beach in Aruba. It was very easy to get a cab at the cruise terminal ($16.00 one way total for 4 people in our party) and also for the return trip to the ship. Plenty of chairs and shade available. Bar/restaurant area was great.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! Can you please tell me if the $4 per person taxi ride to Kontiki beach was one-way or roundtrip? Thanks!!

Hi,

It was $16.00 one way to Kontiki Beach and $16.00 for the return trip and there were 4 passengers in our party, so that ended up being $8.00 roundtrip per person, and then we added a tip.

I believe that the price was charged by the trip and not per person, so if there had only been two passengers I think that it would have still cost a total of $32.00 roundtrip. How many people are in your party? I don't know if there is a website for the Curacao taxis that posts prices.

Mary

Thanks for the reply! There are 8 of us in our party. This beach sounds great, so I'm wondering about the least expensive way to get to/from. Is there a less expensive alternative (like a van?), and would they still charge $8 roundtrip for each person? Thanks!!

Hi,

The taxi ride that we had was in a van, which probably was big enough to hold 8 passengers. I'm sure that there are different size taxis at the pier. I have no idea if there is a less expensive fare than $8.00 roundtrip per person. You can probably find information or an e-mail address on a Curacao tourist website regarding taxis and tours on the island. I have no idea how much it is to rent a van.

We thought that the $8.00 per person roundtrip was a very good price since gasoline is so expensive on the islands. Actually, that was probably the lowest price that we've paid. In St. Thomas, I believe that it was $16.00 or more per person roundtrip to go to Magen's Bay.

Mary

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear CanadianCruises family,

So enjoyed your post about Curacao. I first visited there 36 yrs. ago with my family as a child and stayed at a hotel called the Arthur Frommer at the time. I returned two years ago on a Panama Canal cruise. The Arthur Frommer no longer exists - it's under a different name. I believe we went to the Hilton beach - don't remember exactly, but it was a wonderful beach.

Curacao is my favorite island.

Can't seem to get your pictures. I would like to see the beach you rave about. Where is that in proximity to the Hilton? Please post a way for me to get your pictures. Thank you for your informative review.

Anne

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the topless bathers. I have an 8 year old that would probably stare & some teenage boys traveling with us that would probably love this. Here's my stupid question: Are they just bathing topless, or do they swim, walk to the bar, play volleyball topless too:confused:

This beach sounds wonderful, but that's my only concern. We are the ony ship in port that day, which happens to be a Wed (11/5) if that makes a difference.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question about the topless bathers. I have an 8 year old that would probably stare & some teenage boys traveling with us that would probably love this. Here's my stupid question: Are they just bathing topless, or do they swim, walk to the bar, play volleyball topless too:confused:

This beach sounds wonderful, but that's my only concern. We are the ony ship in port that day, which happens to be a Wed (11/5) if that makes a difference.

Just bathing topless, not much else...You shouldn't have to worry, my son is 12 and he was cool with it, explained the Euro lifestyle and now he want a European girlfriend (go figure)...Hope this helps

Craig

CanadianCruises family,

Thanks for the info about KinTiki. Love the pics!

We (me, DW, MIL, 2DD's (3 &5), will be sailing on AOS beginning 4/5/2009 and stopping in Curacao. Wanted a good quiet beach to just lay out in the sun and this fits the bill.

I understand the taxi ride is only about $4 per person roundtrip from the pier. Did you pay this in advance? If so, did the taxi wait for you? If not, how difficult is it to hail a taxi from KonTiki?

We only want to stay about three hours and then reurn to the ship before going shopping. BTW, is there shopping near the pier where the ship will dock?

Thanks again for the help...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived