Mariner of the Seas - Good Pictures Needed!

airlinerob

Hey there!

Just off the 9/12/04 sailing of the Mariner....

On Monday morning, my digital camera was stolen from the Windjammer! :-( (Unfortunately Guest Relations didn't seem to care - one big complaint about this past cruise)....

I had spent most of the afternoon on 9/12 taking pictures all around the ship since I boarded around 11am, and there was only about 30-40 other people on board (since they were driving from Port Canaveral to Miami).

So, I lost all my ship pictures.

Does anyone have any good quality ship pictures you can forward to me??

Rob

Hey, Rob, I hope that your cruise turned out to be as great as you had hoped! Sorry to hear about the loss/theft of your camera. It's a real bummer to lose the only photos you have of a memorable experience. I'm a little bit confused, though, as to why you blame Royal Caribbean. What can they do about the actions of some unknown person?

Carol

Rob - since there were a large number of us in two groups who sailed with you, the Big Cats and the Parrotheads, I am sure we'll have pictures to share. I'll pass the word on to the Big Cats and if anyone posts pictures I'll try to let you know. Sorry your camera was stolen - but I hope we can help you out!

Sheree

The only reason I blame them is because this is what happened....

I was in the Windjammer on Monday morning for breakfast. It was very busy. I asked a lady if we could sit in the Plaza Bar area and eat (there was nobody there) - she said yes. All six of us, including my grandmother in a wheelchair sat down and started to eat.

About a minute later, a woman came to us and told us we needed to move because they were setting up the area for a demonstration. I said that we were told it was okay to sit there and eat. She said we needed to move.

So, I picked up my plate, etc and moved it to a table that opened up over by Chops Grille. I moved my grandmother in her wheelchair, and in the process left the camera on the seat next to where I was originally sitting. About 15 minutes later, I realized, and went back over - to find that the camera was not there. I saw the lady that told us to move (one of the ladies that said hello by the front doors), and she was 100% aware of the camera and advised me she put it under the "information desk" by the entrance to Chops Grille. She walked me over, looked under the desk and said "Oh - they must have taken it down to Guest Relations". I walked down to Guest Relations - it wasn't there. They told me to check back because it would likely be brought there at the end of the employees shift.

Several checks back - and no camera was ever found. It was like pulling teeth before I was able to get a report made about the loss.

Rob

singlemom-we were told of our return to Pt. Canaveral during the C&A Party Wed before dinner (early seating). Of course some were thrilled (us included) and others were very upset. Many folks started asking questions about the decision to the captain and basically it turned into an attack on the Captain. We actually left-it was getting ugly. He was trying to explain the decision was made and why but a few folks kept pressing the issue wanting to be dropped off in Miami before we proceeded to Canaveral. The captain tried to explain why that wasn't possible (time, docking procedures, pilots, etc) but that same woman kept asking the same questions. I felt bad for the captain. I did notice the next day during his daily announcement he made a point of stating the Hurricane Jeanne would make it unlikely we could dock in Miami anyway (Jeanne later fizzled but at the time it looked like it was headed this way) and he tried to word his announcement so that it was clear that it wasn't his personal decision to return to Canaveral.

Rob,

I'm sure since you spent a lot of time on ship chasing down what happened to your camera, you are probably aware there is a lost and found closet in a room off to your right side when you are facing the counter at the guest relations desk. I didn't know about it until my daughter went there with me one time and asked to check it for something she had misplaced. She had already had to look there for something else once before! She is so absentminded! Did they check there or just at the desk? Just thought I would mention it in case you didn't know about it.

Well, while I understand what you are saying, I wouldn't have forgotten the camera if I hadn't been moved in the middle of a meal and had to move my grandmother in her wheelchair - it was a huge ordeal.

Plus, with the agent telling me that she had the camera, and put it away for me (she said she knew I would be back for it), she is the last person responsible for the camera! She put it away and it disappeared.

Rob

Sorry about your camera.

We went on the "Glory"

(I think they should rename it:

"Carnival Crowded..."

Any way, the first meal at

the buffet upon boarding,

we watched our $1,000 35mm camera

slide across a marble type table and crash....

Lens broke, back popped... Oh boy.

If you are looking for great images of

the Mariner, check out:

http://www.voyager-class.com

Awesome site.

You can tap on the alternate site "Foki"

or something like that to basically see

a mirror site that you can elarge the images

to full page, etc. etc. etc.

We are going on the mariner 10/16/05.

And I don't want no %$$%#!@!#$ Hurricanes! ! ! !

Archived