Question about Ground Transportation

tonyr1988

We were planning on flying in a day early, staying at a hotel for one night, going on the cruise, and flying back (no post-cruise hotel).

Of course, if we book it all through RCCL, the ground transportation is free. But....that is from the airport, right? (not the hotel?) We'd still have to pay to get from airport->hotel the night before and from hotel->airport the day of the cruise, right?

If so, do you think it would probably be cheaper to do it all independently, and just pay a taxi to get to the port and back?

My main question is the first one, though - I've seen the last question asked a ton throughout the forums. ;) Just seeing if there would be different advice for my particular situation.

When we got our documents, we also elected for ground transportation. We are going 1 day before. The transfers show picking us up day before from Airport and taking to hotel. Then shows picking us up from hotel and taking us to pier. Then shows taking us from pier to airport.

We were planning on flying in a day early, staying at a hotel for one night, going on the cruise, and flying back (no post-cruise hotel).

Of course, if we book it all through RCCL, the ground transportation is free. But....that is from the airport, right? (not the hotel?) We'd still have to pay to get from airport->hotel the night before and from hotel->airport the day of the cruise, right?

If so, do you think it would probably be cheaper to do it all independently, and just pay a taxi to get to the port and back?

My main question is the first one, though - I've seen the last question asked a ton throughout the forums. ;) Just seeing if there would be different advice for my particular situation.

We're doing the same thing ^_^

We got 3 Travel Vouchers in our Docs:

Airport to Hotel

On the day this pre-cruise hotel package is scheduled to begin a cruise line representative will meet your flight inside the Baggage Claim area or in the case of an international flight, outside the Customs Hall to assist you with transportation to your hotel.

Hotel to Pier

Transportation to the pier has been pre-arranged on the day you are scheduled to board the ship

Please refer to the Welcome Letter you received upon hotel check-in with regard to your meeting time, location and baggage handling arrangements.

Pier to Airport

(all normal info here)

Hope this helps ^_^

So much of "the best" answer depends on the port you are sailing from. You might want to find the Roll Call for the cruise you are taking and see what kind of arrangements the others on your cruise are making.

Go to this link: ROLL CALLS - Royal Caribbean " Meet & Mingle" and pick your ship and then look for the date you are sailing. That will be the link to your cruise Roll Call.

Enjoy :)

Archived