Penn Station to Brooklyn Terminal

Hollymom1229

DH and I plan to cruise the Caribbean Princess in October '08 for our anniversary. It would be less expensive for us to take the train up from DC vs. flying. Just wondering if anyone knows how much a cab is from Penn Station to the Brooklyn Terminal and if this is a good idea.

DH and I plan to cruise the Caribbean Princess in October '08 for our anniversary. It would be less expensive for us to take the train up from DC vs. flying. Just wondering if anyone knows how much a cab is from Penn Station to the Brooklyn Terminal and if this is a good idea.

This should help. :)

http://www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/web/ny/ports/Brooklyn

As a Brooklyn resident, I can tell you that Penn Station to the cruise terminal should cost you around $20 - $25. If they offer to take you through the Battery Tunnel it might cost a few more dollars because of the toll but is likely to be quicker. If you go across the Brooklyn Bridge, look to your right and follow the Brooklyn shore of the the river and you'll get a great view of your ship. The island between the ship and the Statue of Liberty is Governors Island (it used to be a Coast Guard base).

A lot of drivers will claim that they don't know where it is, so bring the address and driving directions if you have them.

Another option is to use a car service. Make arrangements in advance and call by cell phone when your train is pulling into the station. The car service drivers are usually better prepared with directions (many have GPS) and the cars are Lincoln town cars. Two that I have used are Dial 7 (212-777-7777) and Carmel (212-444-4444). The car services will cost you a bit more but will quote you the price when you call for the reservation. You're paying more for a clean car, a driver who (theoretically) knows where he's going, and the ability to have a car either waiting or on-call when you arrive.

Enjoy.

As a Brooklyn resident, I can tell you that Penn Station to the cruise terminal should cost you around $20 - $25. If they offer to take you through the Battery Tunnel it might cost a few more dollars because of the toll but is likely to be quicker. If you go across the Brooklyn Bridge, look to your right and follow the Brooklyn shore of the the river and you'll get a great view of your ship. The island between the ship and the Statue of Liberty is Governors Island (it used to be a Coast Guard base).

A lot of drivers will claim that they don't know where it is, so bring the address and driving directions if you have them.

Another option is to use a car service. Make arrangements in advance and call by cell phone when your train is pulling into the station. The car service drivers are usually better prepared with directions (many have GPS) and the cars are Lincoln town cars. Two that I have used are Dial 7 (212-777-7777) and Carmel (212-444-4444). The car services will cost you a bit more but will quote you the price when you call for the reservation. You're paying more for a clean car, a driver who (theoretically) knows where he's going, and the ability to have a car either waiting or on-call when you arrive.

Enjoy.

Archived