Princess CVP Gifts

Simru12

Hi All,

This is my first time using a Princess CVP to book a vacation. I have read that sometimes TAs will order something for their clients (Bottle of wine in the room, OBC, etc). Has anyone ever had their CVP do this for them?

Not a big deal to me. Just curious.

Hi All,

This is my first time using a Princess CVP to book a vacation. I have read that sometimes TAs will order something for their clients (Bottle of wine in the room, OBC, etc). Has anyone ever had their CVP do this for them?

Your talking about booking direct through Princess? Nope, never had any gifts from booking direct from the cruise line. This is often something travel agents do, but not when booking through the cruise line directly. Unless they are running some type of special promotion, which doesn't happen often.

Hi All,

Out of curiousity what made you choose to book with a CVP instead of a TA?

Bill

Out of curiousity what made you choose to book with a CVP instead of a TA?

Bill

Coupla things.... Our last cruise, we used online TA and didn't have a very good experience so we wanted to deal directly with 'the source' this time. Also, we had a future cruise credit and by booking directly with Princess we didn't have to submit any more for deposit.

And maybe it was just dumb luck, but the day we finally decided what cruise we wanted, I got a letter in the mail from my Princess CVP introducing himself and asking if we had any plans. I called him and have had great customer service since. I would recommend him to anyone I know.

Coupla things.... Our last cruise, we used online TA and didn't have a very good experience so we wanted to deal directly with 'the source' this time. Also, we had a future cruise credit and by booking directly with Princess we didn't have to submit any more for deposit.

And maybe it was just dumb luck, but the day we finally decided what cruise we wanted, I got a letter in the mail from my Princess CVP introducing himself and asking if we had any plans. I called him and have had great customer service since. I would recommend him to anyone I know.

Glad you are satisfied with the service the CVP provides, but just for your info, you can use future cruise credits with a travel agent also, and do not have to submit any more of a deposit....and even though you booked directly with Princess, you can transfer your booking to a travel agent if you wish (you may find one that provides a better price than Princess)

Booking with a travel agency will not cause you to make a higher deposit either. The FCC's, you must have used two I would guess as using only one will result in another $100 deposit, are good no matter where you book. Whether booking with Princess or a TA, it's either one FCC and an extra $100 deposit, or two FCC's and no extra deposit for the first two passengers in the stateroom.

I think the reason you were asked why you booked direct is because many times (I will even venture to say MOST times) booking through the cruise line will cost you a lot more than with a discount travel agent.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you had a bad experience with a TA.

Luckily mine is awesome so I don't have those problems. I can understand though how the savings aren't worth it when your TA is not very good.

If you book with a TA and use an FCC you have to put down more money?

This whole FCC confusues me. Can you tell??:confused:

Bill

Glad you are satisfied with the service the CVP provides, but just for your info, you can use future cruise credits with a travel agent also, and do not have to submit any more of a deposit....and even though you booked directly with Princess, you can transfer your booking to a travel agent if you wish (you may find one that provides a better price than Princess)

Ah, well.... Live & Learn. I am happy with my CVP (although a cheaper price woulda been nice too). Kind of a moot point now, however. July sailing almost sold out. Just some inside GTYs left. Glad to have booked when I did.

I guess I'm just going to have to order that wine for myself then. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Archived