How far to Casa De Campo?

cara30

We will be in port at La Romana for 2 days (2/29,3/1) during a Dominican Republic festival being held at the grounds of Casa De Campo. Does anyone know the travel time getting there? And do you have any recomendations for getting there? Taxi? And last do you feel it is safe for 2 women to do on there own given the poor reputation of La Romana these days. Thank you

We will be in port at La Romana for 2 days (2/29,3/1) during a Dominican Republic festival being held at the grounds of Casa De Campo. Does anyone know the travel time getting there? And do you have any recomendations for getting there? Taxi? And last do you feel it is safe for 2 women to do on there own given the poor reputation of La Romana these days. Thank you

It is only a couple of miles from the port very close maybe 5min. It looks like a very nice resort and I'm sure it is safe.

Just back from the destiny february 3-10. Casa de campo is about 10-15 minutes from the pier by vehicle. There is a shuttle service to the right of the pier that will take you into La romana or Altos de Chavon or Casa de campo. It is five dollars per person. I think that is return. I think there is a fee to enter the area of the resort. I am not sure what that is. It is another 5 dollars per person to enter Altos de Chavon.

Hope this helps. No taxi's hanging around the pier in this port. I am sure you could get one through the girl that is in the information booth inside the shuttle centre.

Cara- we will be on your cruise. We also plan on taking the shuttle to Altos on Friday evening and catching the Kandela show. You are welcome to join me (Fidel) and my mom. There is power in numbers. You can email me directly at garciafa@optonline.net

Archived