Top for a wrap skirt w/side tie

Rockwife

Hi all, hoping some of you fashion-minded gals could help me with this.

I have a cute tropical wrap skirt with side tie I want to bring on our next cruise, but I can't figure out what kind of top to pair it with. I don't want to wear anything that bares my midsection, so the only other thing I can imagine would be a leotard of some kind.

Is there something else out there that would work?

It's a little more formal than your average wrap skirt, so it's not something I'd just throw over a bathing suit.

Thanks in advance!

I have several skirts like this and I pair them with dressy tee type tops: in silk, jersey, gauze any type dressier fabric than just plain old cotton. I have some in with a ballet neck and v neck, but you could do crew neck too. It works for me.

I love this style of skirt and have them in a variety of fabrics.

My dressier ones (silk chiffon) I wear with a fitted silk knit or cotton/lycra knit dressy tee. My Tommy Bahama tropical skirts I generally pair with a fitted tank top.

I think the most important thing is to avoid the bulk of button down tops and pair them with a fine knit top as it balances the look.

Thanks, ladies, for all your good advice. I guess I was worried about a tank riding up, but if it's tight enough it should work fine.

I was really worried about trying to find a leotard!

Again, thanks and happy travels!

And since there is a tie on the skirt--the top shouldn't have any extra "stuff' going on! (No ruffles, ties, etc...)

One of my favorite tops to wear with my black tropical print Tommy wrap skirt is a matte jersey with a plunging neckline and ruffle accent. It looks great so I would say the fabric is the deciding factor.

I would look for a tank that has a little bit of spandex in it - I have found that these keep their shape the best while you're wearing them and tend to stay in place. Plus they are awesome for layering and you can get multiple wears out of them because they keep their shape so well!

Archived