Addicted: Need Help!

sogamusicman

Sounds like one of the best addictions you can have! If you can afford it...go for it!! You may want to start looking into potentially fewer, but longer cruises. I've found that the longer the cruise, the better the per-day value, so rather than 4 or 5 7 day cruises in a year, you might consider some 10, 12, 15 or even 20+ days at a time (if your scheduled will allow), as you really do get more for your money.

My DW and I have it bad........

Our first was Thanksgiving 2007 (Carnival), then December 2007 Carnival), soon April 2008 (HAL), then July 2008 (RCCL). Currently booking December 2008 (Princess??). Helppppppppppp ........

Welcome to our world!

I'm failing to see a problem.......

I agree. Why would you want to stop? I developed my own 12 Step Program. Takes 12 steps to board the ship. They are long but that's because I'm running so fast. You should see the little steps I take getting off the ship.

I can not imagine anyone becoming addicted to drugs. If they want to get "HIGH" just come on a cruise with anyone of us. There is no better high in this world than being on a cruise. The smell and feel of the sea air is the best cure for whatever ails you.

I am a charter member :D of the CA Club (Cruisers Anon). We took our first cruise only 10 years ago and have now done 30 with 6 more already booked. If my travel partner only had more vacation time..........:eek: :rolleyes:

I am already waiting for 2010 schedules to come out. Always looking for places different from the places we have already been.:cool:

If you have problems with it, just check here on Cruise Critic. You will find plenty of company.:)

• Administrators

Our first was Thanksgiving 2007 (Carnival), then December 2007 Carnival), soon April 2008 (HAL), then July 2008 (RCCL). Currently booking December 2008 (Princess??). Helppppppppppp ........

Did I miss the part which explained why this requires "help?" :) Welcome to the world of cruising.... I think it's cool you are experimenting with lines up front, too. I did that and soon enough decided they are more alike than different except for the two things I look at most -- itinerary and price (not an absolute price... a value price... a suite on some lines is a better value than an inside on others, even if the absolute dollar value is off by a factor of 10). You can join me in the "prior cruiser, but won't ever be platinum club unless I live to 120" club on all major lines! ;)

Oh I hear you on that one! I went on my first solo cruise last Sept and booked another one for this year in Dec.

Well that was just way to far off so I booked a cruise for May and Aug. Looks like I am going to only have to wait a few months in between each trip.

I'm already starting to search for '09 cruises.

Glad I found the 12 step program here. :D

And you expect to get help from others who have the same addiction??:eek:

Our 1st cruise was 2 years ago and now we've been on 14....I personally am not looking for a cure! :D

There is no cure other than what you have already done...that is book more cruises! :D

Archived