bringing liquor onboard explorer rccl

hi all,

i know it says you can't but do people bring some on anyway? if they find it in your luggage do they really confiscate it? i've looked at the wine lists and really can't find anything that we like.

thanks.

Some people do break the rules and sneak liquor on. Yes, if they catch it at a minimum they will confiscate it. Their policy allows them to deny you boarding the ship if caught smuggling; although one never knows if they will begin doing this as of yet it does not appear they have taken this severe action.

There are cruise lines that allow you to bring a couple bottles of wine on board such as Celebrity and Holland America. If having your own wine is very important, than you should look into cruising with them.

hi all,

i know it says you can't but do people bring some on anyway? if they find it in your luggage do they really confiscate it? i've looked at the wine lists and really can't find anything that we like.

thanks.

Disney allows you to cart as much booze on board as you want....go figure!

Pack it securely, no need to "re bottle" it. Put it in your checked luggage (the luggage you give to the porter) and make sure you tip well for the heavy bag(s)

If they happen to find it they will confiscate it until the end of the cruise and then return it. Their policy states that they reserve the right to kick your arse off (deny boarding) but I have never heard of that happening.

I bring it on board every cruise, via my checked luggage, and have never had a problem.

Bring it and have fun.

If they take it, small chance, you will get it back

at the end of the cruise. I have never had my fully packed cooler, booze,

beer or sodas taken. Yes I am evil, set a bad example for young and old,

can be thrown off at a moments notice and should be ashamed of myself.

I do enjoy myself though.

Bring it and have fun.

If they take it, small chance, you will get it back

at the end of the cruise. I have never had my fully packed cooler, booze,

beer or sodas taken. Yes I am evil, set a bad example for young and old,

can be thrown off at a moments notice and should be ashamed of myself.

I do enjoy myself though.

Haha, I like your style! :D :D :D

Had a thought the other day about the "most severe" or worst case penalty...but decided not to add it to one of the dozens (hundreds?) of threads on the same topic.

1. Its there so that if someone makes a really big fuss and throws an utter tantrum they can keep violent people off the ship. That is, the penalty is there to use if they wish too and clearly communicated in advance that it is there. But like a lot of other descretionary policies not one used very often...the severity of the penalty should match the severity of the action that prompts it.

2. If someone just starts to make a fuss they can be quietly reminded of the chance they could be denied boarding...as an incentive to just live with their booze getting locked up and go without a fuss. This "stick" carries a lot of weight. A quick attitudinal correction would be the main goal.

Archived