Stay on the ship for the day?

CRUZIN 4 SUN

SatApr26San Juan, Puerto Rico 11:00pmSunApr27St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00am6:00pmMonApr28St. Kitts 7:00am3:00pmTueApr29Grenada 9:00am2:00pmWedApr30Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 11:00am7:00pmThuMay1Aruba 8:00am5:00pmFriMay2At SeaSatMaySan Juan, Puerto Rico 6:00am

If we stay on the ship instead of getting off at Grenada, will we be missing much? I have never stayed on the ship when it was in port.

Depends on what you want to do. We really enjoy beaches and snorkeling. We also like to find a nice place for lunch that has some seafood as the seafood on the ships generally isn't that great.

We found all of that in Grenada last year and had a wonderful time. I know a lot of people do tours there but haven't looked at that much as land tours of island sights is not our first choice when there are beaches and water activities available.

I wouldn't stay on the ship at GRENADA!

Even if you just go poke around the town for any hour

-get over the hill to the Carenage side, which is quite scenic.

Grenada's a very pretty little island.

No, don't stay on the ship - do something

- Grand Etang, Annandale Falls, nutmeg and other spice plantations.

I did a ship beach excursion beach day while we were in Grenada...hubby had a toothache, so I felt safe doing that on my own.......What a beautiful day!

Have to say, I wasnt expecting the tour of the fort beforehand, and it was a bit of walking I hadnt anticipated, but very informative and pretty. The beach they took us to was absolutley wonderful! Our tour,2 vans of about 18 people total, were the only ones on the beach.........very nice and clean beach bar....bathroom was nicer than mine at home!! We had a drink included, and some "finger sandwiches"

Met "the Orginal spice man" on the beach...he hawks necklaces made form nutmeg and other spices....smells wonderful.......but not to really wear around your neck..more for your kitchen at home! $10 usd for a necklace, but when I got back to town, different vedors were selling them for as little as 2/$5. But Carl, the spice man, was a very charming,confident and lovely gentleman,with whom I had about a half hour conversation with......and he did not wake me up, while I was sleeping~~so I really didnt mind spending the extra money with him,and bought 2 more of the cheaper necklaces in town, for gifts at home!!

oh..by the way....ship was Celebrity Galaxy!

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Anise Beach is very nice but not relaxing. We had to ignore the people as the were constantly asking for money to buy their stuff. It's nuts out there. My group of 10 friends commented that we could have stayed on the ship that day and enjoyed a sea day. We do not plan to visit Grenada again. I enjoyed the experience but once is enough!!

Never stay on the ship, especially if you've never been to the port before. Had I stayed in port in Grenada, I may have been disappointed, but get around the island and speak to the people. They actually like Americans...refreshing for a change.

Lsimon,

Can you recommend a good beach for snorkeling from shore?

We've been to Grenada once. From what I read the beach by the Aquarium Restuarant has the best shore snorkeling so that is where we went. This is on Magazine beach.

Nice beach, not at all crowded. There is someone there renting chairs and the restuarant has good food. The snorkeling seemed Ok, not great, but we did not have fins so we didn't go too far from shore. There is no equipment rental there. We are planning on going back to this beach this year but will take fins with us this time!

Archived