Stairs to tender boats on Inspiration-Difficul

ms simba

What are the stairs like going to the tender boats on the Inspiration/Sensation? I am 65 years old and have arthritis in my one knee and ankle. Just wondering how difficult these stairs might be as I would like to go ashore in the Grand Caymans and Cozumel. My travel planner said that in Cozumel it could either be a tender boat or docking at the pier to get you ashore.

I'm disabled and I walk with a cane or use a scooter. I dislike tenders greatly. If it's bouncy, anyone with walking problems can have great difficulty getting on the tender. The people who work on the tenders do know what they're doing, and they do an excellent job with helping, but if it's really bouncy, I'd be especially careful. The stairs won't be a problem whatsover.

The crew will be more than happy to assist you--that's what they're there for! The stairs are just like regular steps, but they do move if the waters are rough. I've seen them putting totally disabled folks onto the tender, tho, so it's quite doable!

If I may also suggest...to ease your angst consider taking a later tender. Let the hordes fight for position and you can board without anyone pushing or shoving from behind. I don't know your plans once ashore but it will not take long to see either port unless you wish to scuba or have an excursion booked.

The crew will be of great assistance, just ask.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the suggestion to let others go ahead. I do this when boarding a plane . I figure since my seat is already assigned why go through the bumping and waiting. I go at the end and sit down but then I have an aisle seat. Don't know how this would work if I had a window seat. Can hear the people grumbling as I ask them to get up to let me in!

How fast does the boarding go for a tender boat on a Carnival Ship at Cozumel or the Cayman Islands. Will I have to wait very long if I am the last one?

Archived