Paradise Beach was GREAT!

bluesaab22

Thanks to these boards, I did my research and chose to hit Paradise Beach while on the Grandeur earlier this month. I met many people on the ship who didnt have anything planned that day so after telling them about it, they came along.

Paradise Beach Tom wasnt there (he had to have a vacation!!) but the staff working there were awesome. Food was great, as was the bar service. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Cozumel- especially if it's a quick trip.

It is not a excursion of the ship. All you do is get a taxi at the pier. Cost is $12 and ride takes about 10 minutes. Entrance to the beach, beach chairs and umbrella are free. They are going to start charging $5 per person for use of the water toys. Everything was wonderful. Clean restrooms, food was good, drinks great and Fernando, our waiter did a great job. I would recommend this place to everyone!

Any recommendations for choosing between Chankanaab Park and Paradise Beach? - We want to try snorkeling, and Chankanaab seems to be rated as the more preferable, but Paradise Beach sounds overall wonderful!! - Too bad we don't have 2 days instead of just one!!

Any recommendations for choosing between Chankanaab Park and Paradise Beach? - We want to try snorkeling, and Chankanaab seems to be rated as the more preferable, but Paradise Beach sounds overall wonderful!! - Too bad we don't have 2 days instead of just one!!

Well said fishinglady, I have the same problem. I can't decide between the two and since I want to have time for shopping and lunch at Pancho's Backyard I can't do both.

I feel like I will be missing something if I don't do them both maybe I'll just flip a coin to decide:D

We went to Chankanaab last year and really enjoyed it. Great snorkeling, nature trails/replica Mayan ruins, mini-golf ($2), sandy beach to lay on (but rocky to swim from-that's why snorkeling is so good - just bring water shoes). You can buy food and waiters will bring drinks to you (not included in price). However, there are no pushy vendors; there are a few little shops with very good prices, but you go to them, they don't come to you. We just spent the whole day there - hubby and 2 teenage boys; very relaxing. We even had to mini-golf around a huge iguana that was sunning on the course! We are going to Cozumel again next year, and may try Paradise beach this time.....just to try something new, and I know the boys will like the water toys. Don't forget to check out each of their websites----great pictures.

ladies, it is very difficult trying to do everything in a daytime port call. Narrow down your priorities. If you can't snorkel at other ports, then Chankannab should get the vote, get off ship as early as possible, leave mid-day and taxi directly to Poncho's Backyard for a bite to eat, and shop downtown. If relaxation on a beautiful Mexican beach is for you, take the taxi to Paradise beach, have lunch there then taxi downtown, shop and stop at Poncho's Backyard for a refreshing Margharita before heading back to the ship. Depending on which pier you are docked, the new Carnival pier Maya (I think) has a new Poncho's Backyard and many stores (prices are higher). We never made it downtown last visit as we were having so much fun on the beach. Stay flexible and you will have a wonderful experience.

Bon Voyage

ladies, it is very difficult trying to do everything in a daytime port call. Narrow down your priorities. If you can't snorkel at other ports, then Chankannab should get the vote, get off ship as early as possible, leave mid-day and taxi directly to Poncho's Backyard for a bite to eat, and shop downtown. If relaxation on a beautiful Mexican beach is for you, take the taxi to Paradise beach, have lunch there then taxi downtown, shop and stop at Poncho's Backyard for a refreshing Margharita before heading back to the ship. Depending on which pier you are docked, the new Carnival pier Maya (I think) has a new Poncho's Backyard and many stores (prices are higher). We never made it downtown last visit as we were having so much fun on the beach. Stay flexible and you will have a wonderful experience.

Bon Voyage

Thanks Nanatravel for your insight. I'll do just what you suggested. Visit Paradise Beach in the morning and taxi into Town for lunch at Pancho's Backyard and shopping.

we were just there last Friday and we got wristbands for the kids ($5) because they wanted to use the kayaks, water trampoline, climbing ice berg, they also have snorkel gear and life jackets and rafts. My husband and I didnt care to use any of that, so we didnt have to pay. No charge for the charges and umbrella.

Hey bluesaab! I recognize that handle from before I went on vacation!

Glad you had a great time, and thanx for spreading the word about PB!! Hasta la vista....

Everyone else...WOW!! Thanx so much for picking up the slack while I was on vacation!

Your answers were all accurate and much appreciated by me as well...GRACIAS!

Archived