Port Canaveral debarktion question

jamie0483

How long does it take to actually get off the ship and get on your way? We are planning to do self-assist, pick up a rental car, and hopefully spend the day at Disney World. Is this feasible or does it take a long time to actually get going?

I was on RCL at that port and they let the platinum get off first, then us, but we were off about 7:15 am. It shouldnt take much longer if you are there and ready to get off when they first start like we were. We had to wait for the shuttle to pick us up to take us to the Radisson and we still left town well before 10 a.m. Id say you can get to Disneyworld in less than an hour and a half and park. Id say you are cutting it close to get your money's worth to me. Id save disney and do universal which is fun and cheaper if you cant spend a whole day.

It all depends on how much trouble the ship has getting cleared with customs. We have sailed from there 7 times and usually are of the ship by 8:30. Two weeks ago we were in the parking lot at 8:05. Worst ever was 10:15.

It all depends on how much trouble the ship has getting cleared with customs. We have sailed from there 7 times and usually are of the ship by 8:30. Two weeks ago we were in the parking lot at 8:05. Worst ever was 10:15.

we have done this twice. The first time with Avis was a HUGE hassle because there were about 50 people waiting for the shuttle which held about 8 people and everyone was pushing and shoving. It was ugly. We only got on because the driver hit me in the head with a suitcase as he was loading the shuttle and someone behind me pushed. He was very upset about hitting me, but I spun it into us getting on the shuttle (it did hurt!)

Second time, Feb 2007, with Budget. Nice and simple. Shuttles ran smoothly, but there were hardly any cars in the lot. I think it is a lot of drop-off from people embarking, etc. We saw how few cars were in the lot and I jumped off the shuttle and jumped in line for a car while DH waited for luggage. We were in Disney by noon.

Archived