Live from the Explorer

DPurcell58

Live onboard, today is Sat, first, no signs of noro or anything else. They just have signs up to wash your hands, no sanitizers in Windjammer. Some random thoughts, cold weather trip, everyone last night seemed to stay in their jeans and sweatshirts for dinner. No one really changed. No trays in the Windjammer, kind of strange, have to carry everything around, think maybe they ran out. Had our M&M today, got nothing in the room, and then only one gift per room, i know last time it was one per person. M&M, always seems like we should go around room and say our names. We had a rescue at sea, a small boat w/2 or 3 people, they had radioed the ship, we turned and a small boat of ours went out to get them. We watched from the helipad and then watched as they lifted them up to the ship. Today about 2pm the sun came out, kids in hot tubs , people sat out by the pool, but it was still a bit chilly. Should be warmer tomorrow. Gordon is Cruise Director. Saw Ricky in CL. Will try to get back again.

We just returned yesterday from the Explorer, you won't ever see trays in the Windjammer, and they've actually scaled down the size of the plates that they used to have, they were oval and huge, the plates now are a standard sized dinner plate, makes more sense & again they've probably done so to cut down on the amount of food being taken and in a lot of cases wasted, you can always go back for seconds.

We were given Purell wipes from the second day on for the duration of our sailing, the rumors were going around the ship that 400 people were quaranteened to their rooms, i've got no idea if that's correct. Personally i had no problem with using the Purells at the various locations such as W/J, dining room, cafe promenade, i was glad to see tha they didn't ignore the problem.

I thought that Gordon was a great CD, I hear that he's got a really nice singning voice though i didn't hear him sing.

Look after our lady while you're on her.............

are u on a 12night southern caribbean? if so can u save your compasses and show them. i hope im not being rude,but we are going next year and it would be nice to see whats going on each day. hope you have great weather. enjoy

I am sooooooo jealous that you are on the Explorer right now and on a 12 nighter, no less!!!!I would LOVE to be on that cruise. Check in the plants on the Royal Promenade for little pirates that we hid because not all of them were found!!!(We had a game going with the cruisers after our sailing). There were also some plastic gems and other things!!!! But that was in June.:D

Keep the post coming live....we will be on her when you get back!! Sailing out on Sun. Feb. 24. Will be sure to check in here regularly.

How was your sail out of NJ???? Rough seas???

Are you saying that on the first day at sea you were out by the pool???

Thanks in advance for your info!!

Interesting to hear that the plates are now smaller in WJ. As that poster said, it probably helps cut down on waste. It is amazing folks complain so much about food quality going down yet love to waste so much...(not that they are always the same folks doing both things) if there was less waste more money could go towards higher quality servings instead.

I'd rather get more exercise getting the extra food...it will also help me not overeat on the cruise.

Enjoyed my first RCCL on Explorer...nice ship. Enjoy your trip on her.

Hey cruise buddy! Thanks for the live report, we are doing this sailing next year. Tell me how the seas were in February compared to our August cruise.

Also, what did you do from embarkation until warmer weather? was it crowded inside? Did they offer more to do indoors?

To those who asked, they are on a 9 night not a 12 night cruise.

Have fun and I am looking forward to your next report.

Live onboard, today is Sat, first, no signs of noro or anything else. They just have signs up to wash your hands, no sanitizers in Windjammer. Some random thoughts, cold weather trip, everyone last night seemed to stay in their jeans and sweatshirts for dinner. No one really changed. No trays in the Windjammer, kind of strange, have to carry everything around, think maybe they ran out. Had our M&M today, got nothing in the room, and then only one gift per room, i know last time it was one per person. M&M, always seems like we should go around room and say our names. We had a rescue at sea, a small boat w/2 or 3 people, they had radioed the ship, we turned and a small boat of ours went out to get them. We watched from the helipad and then watched as they lifted them up to the ship. Today about 2pm the sun came out, kids in hot tubs , people sat out by the pool, but it was still a bit chilly. Should be warmer tomorrow. Gordon is Cruise Director. Saw Ricky in CL. Will try to get back again.

Could you do me a favor and find out if Ricky will be there in September. We had him on our last cruise on the Explorer and are hoping to get him again!!! Say hi from the Pavlick family. We stayed in the RS and he helped my husband out with the internet connection. Thank you in advance!!!

Hello my friend, hope all is well. Billy and I were just talking about you. I am going to try and call you later. Hope you are having a blast. Stay safe.

FYI - 13 1,000,000 cases on dond tonight.

Jamie Martin is on the new Knight Rider

Angie is chasing Jesse's train

Michael's gun went off down at the docks

No I'm not a memeber, but clicked on the website below your picture LOVE IT

I think I am going to join...

Hey, send us a report from the ship!!! We're W-A-I-T-I-N-G What do you mean you have no time, your having fun? LOL

Thanks for the live posts; wish we were back onboard. I'm wondering if you know how many kids are onboard. We'll be sailing on the Explorer this time next year and worried about not having enough kids (our 4 year old was disappointed with our September cruise when there were only 30 kids total onboard). Thanks again and have a great time!!!!!

Thanks for the live posts; wish we were back onboard. I'm wondering if you know how many kids are onboard. We'll be sailing on the Explorer this time next year and worried about not having enough kids (our 4 year old was disappointed with our September cruise when there were only 30 kids total onboard). Thanks again and have a great time!!!!!

If your going this time next year there will be plenty of kids on board, as it is Presidents week winter break in NY. I know I'll be on board, why don't you stop by the thread and say hi.

Also, I see you went to Canada last year in September, Canada isn't a big kid place off season anyway, in the summer you would have had more kids doing the Canada run.

If your going this time next year there will be plenty of kids on board, as it is Presidents week winter break in NY. I know I'll be on board, why don't you stop by the thread and say hi.

Also, I see you went to Canada last year in September, Canada isn't a big kid place off season anyway, in the summer you would have had more kids doing the Canada run.

That is reassuring. Since I'm fairly new to this, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't realize that there was already a roll call for our upcoming cruise. I will check it out! Thanks!

Just looked at your timer...You are going next week/next year...You are doing the 12 night I am doing the 9 night...I leave on 2/13 and return on 2/22... So no you won't be traveling when the kids are off from school.

Different districts have off at different times. As some in my area were off last week and some are off this week. It all depends. Then some like us only had Mon. off. So it asll depends see who is posting on that roll call.

Could you do me a favor and find out if Ricky will be there in September. We had him on our last cruise on the Explorer and are hoping to get him again!!! Say hi from the Pavlick family. We stayed in the RS and he helped my husband out with the internet connection. Thank you in advance!!!

I will ask Ricky, he just came back from 2 weeks vacation so he might be here. It was cold going under the bridge, i had gloves on! On Sat. it was sunny in the afternoon and i sat by the pool for a while in a sweatsuit. Sunday it was very sunny , about 72, but very windy on one side of the pool and not on the other, strange.

Archived